Quantcast

Fit

Road hazard warranties

Has anyone had experience with Sonsio or Safe-guard?

We are looking to offer road hazard but I want some opinions on which company to use.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• The $19.95 Oil Change Offer

Yesterday, went for a drive through North Jersey, was very concerned to see that independent shops are putting permanent signs with the $19.95 oil change offers, the $59 A/C recharge, and the $5 dollar flat fix. This reeks of desperation, clearly the industry is coming due for a strong correction. At my shops this month we are starting to see price resistance from the lower income segment, we are having to exert price flexibility for price discovery which we are finding to be 10% to 20% from list pricing. The mid to upper segments are still going strong.

By HarrytheCarGeek, in General Automotive Discussion

• 95 replies
    • Sharing my experience with a uniform vendor

This is a rant, pure and simple, but I hope that it can serve as a cautionary tale for others.  Unifirst came in with a proposal as the "AAA preferred uniform vendor".  As we are a AAA approved shop we qualified for special pricing, almost 30% less than what we were paying at that time.  We gave them our business and it has been a cluster since.  It took almost 6 months for them to deliver, and when they did the sizes were all over the map.  About half of my employees (and myself) had to have size changes.  They embroidered all our dark shirts with dark logos and had to re-do them which took months.  They actually embroidered them wrong TWICE before they got it right.  My tech's shirts came back with with huge oil and rust stains after their first washing and have never been clean since.  The towels are usually oily and sometimes have metal shavings in them.  They routinely mis-deliver and fail to deliver uniforms, leaving techs short for the week.  I've had the service manager, plant manager, and regional manager all in my office to tell me that this would all be corrected, to no avail.  We have a new service starting in December and I anticipate threats to sue on the three year agreement they require.  I've been cataloging, photographing and corresponding with them over the past 8 months and I am confident that we can prove that they are unable to provide anything close to the level of service they promised.  I have learned, yet again, that you get what you pay for.  Don't let Unifirst in the door.

By Andrew Cutler, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 24 replies
    • Opinions on my work hours

Hi, everyone   I just opened an auto repair shop about 4 months ago, but I'm still working my full time job as a tech therefore I open the shop from 4 pm until 9pm M-F and 8-5 on Saturday. I'm starting to build customers but most are from referrals and neighbors I don't get much traffic cars. I'm starting to think that the hours I'm open don't really work for the auto repair business seems like after 6 everything dies. Has anyone worked this kind of hours or what do you guys think about this odd hours.

By Zs Automotive, in Workflow Management

• 20 replies
    • Another wonderful experience with Elite

Just wanted to share another great experience I had over the weekend in San Diego with Elite.   I have absolutely nothing but GREAT things to say about Elite and the people involved with their wonderful company. All the coaches are top notch human beings and really live what they preach which is never to put money ahead of people. Most of their coaches are retired or run extremely successful shops and certainly don't need the money. One particular coach was introducing his clients to the group and he had tears in his eyes talking about how proud he was of his clients and all that they have achieved. Truly remarkable to be around such a great group.   To be completely transparent and to qualify my statement, I am an Elite Client so I drink the kool aid They have also helped me see a 200% increase in my business from 2014 - 2016.     If anyone is on the fence between what coaching company they should work with, really take a good look at Elite. You won't be disappointed.

By mspecperformance, in Shop Management Coaching, Business Training, Consulting

• 15 replies
    • Tire Road hazard

We have been growing tire sales for the last few years and have considered offering in house road hazard warranty.  For the shops offering road hazard was curious what your pricing model is and how your claim process works.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

By nge, in Automotive Products & Services

• 5 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors