Quantcast

• 2 weeks later...

Save yourself 40,000 grand. Buy a L Ron Hubbard book and learn the Tone Scale. That is the basis for the program. Once in the program they will relentlessly pressure you to sign up for other courses at 15000 a pop.

Go buy all the George Witt videos from AVI and you'll be far better off.

• Like 1

I served as an on-site business & marketing consultant to several auto repair facilities before diving in and becoming a menber of the independant auto shop owners' club, and have run into my share of shops that had hired MS to assist them brior to coming on the scene.

The generalized view of the small group of shop owners who had experience with them is easy to summarize as such:

1. They will teach you rather quickly what you're doing wrong, and very plainly, what you should do to remedy the issue.

2. Then you'll spend the remainder of your contract, wishing you could find a forum such as ASO to confer with others who are faced with similar challenges and get friendly, boldly honest advice, for free.

As a consultant, I try to be as frank with clients as I can, in that not EVERYONE in business needs to hire a consultant, nor will everyone benefit equally. Some of my advice lends itself only as a reminder of what my clients already know, but needed a reminder from someone who's not afraid to tell the boss when he/she is missing the mark. The other advice is generally the open waters...a place where the effectiveness of my advice is purely a factor of how much I'm trusted by the client.

It's easy to give advice, even from a position of, "Hey, I've been there, and here's what I did to fix that". When it comes to deciding whether or not you need a consultant, the best advice anyone can offer is just to ask you to be honest: Are you already doing absolutely EVERYTHING you know to do in order to maximize your success, but still struggling to push beyond, to the next level? If you're already doing that, and you think you're ready to hear 100 ideas, and expect 95 of them to be news to you...then maybe a consultant is the best way to go.

The shops that found that MS only served as a "big brother" to remind them of what they already knew 95% of the time are the ones that are generally unhappy with their investment. If you know what you need to do...then just DO it. If you've tried your very best, worked as hard as you can, but still need the help...call someone.

Just one man's opinion.

So first, Management Success must be

a clear definition of what Management Success means to the individual. It must be known, communicated, and understood. Next it is a beingness, doingness, and havingness of the words Management Success. The following are what Management Success means to me.

Management - The ability to handle and direct people and particles toward a predetermined direction or vision.

Management - The ability to get people to do what is needed, when it's needed for the purpose of production.

Management - Setting and directing the elements of the environment using efficient actions toward the attainment of necessary results and goals.

Management - Controlling ones environment through causitive actions towards the attainment of known goals, desires, and end results.

Management - The way that people control and organize different situations that happen in their lives or their work.

Management is not coping. Often times people confuse their coping with management. Coping would be more a reliance of luck to see things through to brighter days. Coping is not very predictable nor fruitful. MANAGE per it's derivation/origin comes from mana (hand) to handle. To have Management Success, I or (One) must be the manager(handler) of my own success. I manage, I create, I make things happen, I am the responsible party. Whether through action or inaction, whether problem or solution, I am the MANAGER(handler) of my own SUCCESS .

Next:

Organization: The ability and constant action of setting, directing and arranging particles (people, places, things), for optimal flow and function in a dynamic fashion toward perpetual motion and growth.

Management is: Organization (as a verb not a noun, doingness of) + Known Desired Outcome = Management

So with continuous organazition and knowing what I am trying to accomplish I handle my life and environment toward the success I want to have.

Success: The Setting(Having) and Achieving of ones Goals.

SETTING GOALS(Having) + ACHIEVING GOALS = SUCCESS

Since I have been mentioned in this conversation, and have had first hand experience with the company and its products. And have used them once, then re-signed with them a second time I will gladly participate in any question and answer on the matter. All one has to do is talk on the phone. PM me with a name and phone number and I will gladly communicate with anyone who has a true interest in prosperity. If you want to blame, complain or criticize don't waste my time, your time, or any body else's time whose lives are geared toward prosperity. Also, I am not a representative nor have a vested interest in any company. I'm a guy with intellect and observational skills, and real solutions to real issues I've had to overcome in life and in business.

• Like 2

So first, Management Success must be

a clear definition of what Management Success means to the individual. It must be known, communicated, and understood. Next it is a beingness, doingness, and havingness of the words Management Success. The following are what Management Success means to me.

Management - The ability to handle and direct people and particles toward a predetermined direction or vision.

Management - The ability to get people to do what is needed, when it's needed for the purpose of production.

Management - Setting and directing the elements of the environment using efficient actions toward the attainment of necessary results and goals.

Management - Controlling ones environment through causitive actions towards the attainment of known goals, desires, and end results.

Management - The way that people control and organize different situations that happen in their lives or their work.

Management is not coping. Often times people confuse their coping with management. Coping would be more a reliance of luck to see things through to brighter days. Coping is not very predictable nor fruitful. MANAGE per it's derivation/origin comes from mana (hand) to handle. To have Management Success, I or (One) must be the manager(handler) of my own success. I manage, I create, I make things happen, I am the responsible party. Whether through action or inaction, whether problem or solution, I am the MANAGER(handler) of my own SUCCESS .

Next:

Organization: The ability and constant action of setting, directing and arranging particles (people, places, things), for optimal flow and function in a dynamic fashion toward perpetual motion and growth.

Management is: Organization (as a verb not a noun, doingness of) + Known Desired Outcome = Management

So with continuous organazition and knowing what I am trying to accomplish I handle my life and environment toward the success I want to have.

Success: The Setting(Having) and Achieving of ones Goals.

SETTING GOALS(Having) + ACHIEVING GOALS = SUCCESS

Since I have been mentioned in this conversation, and have had first hand experience with the company and its products. And have used them once, then re-signed with them a second time I will gladly participate in any question and answer on the matter. All one has to do is talk on the phone. PM me with a name and phone number and I will gladly communicate with anyone who has a true interest in prosperity. If you want to blame, complain or criticize don't waste my time, your time, or any body else's time whose lives are geared toward prosperity. Also, I am not a representative nor have a vested interest in any company. I'm a guy with intellect and observational skills, and real solutions to real issues I've had to overcome in life and in business.

I hope you don't mind that I had mentioned you in the thread. My own experience was not a good one however I know you are very successful and have used their services with positive effects so I felt it was only fair to counter my position with another perspective.

• Like 2

I hope you don't mind that I had mentioned you in the thread. My own experience was not a good one however I know you are very successful and have used their services with positive effects so I felt it was only fair to counter my position with another perspective.

I do understand your experience, we have all had bad experiences with one person or company at some point or other. No matter how great I, you or the other people of the world truly are, upsets occur. We all have off days, or said or done things we later wish we never said or never occurred. People make mistakes and/or handle things incorrectly or unprofessionally. I could speak for myself and my shops. We have made mistakes and have upset family, friends and customers. I still haven't achieved a state of perfection and do not believe I ever will, though I do try. But I have achieved plenty of success by being blessed by great people surrounding me, excellent guidance, and an insatiable desire towards greatness through education. But what really makes me feel successful, more than money, is loyalty, support and forgiveness.

My wife for starters who is my best friend, number one supporter, most loyal believer in me and is the most forgiving of my not so intelligent actions, solutions or ideas is my prime example and role model.

She creates success in me regardless of my mistakes and shortcomings and I create success in her regardless of her mistakes and shortcomings.

She blesses me with loyalty, support, encouragement and forgiveness when I truly feel I don't deserve it.

Real Friends - the ones who are there with encouragement toward PRO-SURVIVAL actions and can point out NON-SURVIVAL actions because they too are successful in life and they know that we (you, me, others, and themselves) are special beings that need to be nurtured and protected.

But most of all my customers who may not know me personally (outside of business) but at times could have and maybe should have been unreasonably upset with me but instead have believed in me, stuck with me, let me right any wrongs I or my company may have made and taught me about loyalty and forgiveness at a level I never thought or knew existed through their acts of kindness and forgiveness and have treated me more as family than mere acquaintance.

All these people could rip me apart or stay angry with me, or criticize me. But what makes them great is that all have given me the opportunity to show my plus points, my strengths and abilities, and my desire and willingness to make things right. I guess my point is we can grimly state or harp about anyone or anything at anytime. Talk about their shortcomings or few mistakes, and completely disregard the value we could experience. But maybe even worse, through these criticisms, lead astray another who could have been truly helped or salvaged by a company, product or program. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Like 2

I am a newbie to this forum... probably 3 days into it and I've gained so much knowledge and insight from posters like andresauto. I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone for their input and willingness to share their knowledge and experiences in hope to help someone else that they most likely dont even know. I've decided to take over the family business and manage it towards a better/prosperous future. I will be asking a lot of questions here so heres fair warning! lol I too was contemplating hiring a consultant, but hesitated to do so because I have people that have been nice enough to share their input and help guide me in the right direction... and now I have this forum as well.

*** Gina

• Like 2

I just re-upped with MS!. The plan works if you work the plan and find a consultant you can work with. My FIL is great at the transmission rebuild side and not so great at the business/customer service end (his words). He admits that we wasted the first 40K by not following the plan and not working well with our first two consultants.

In one of our recent meetings we discussed the idea of signing back up and trying again, but 40K isn't chump change. We agreed that I would do the program and he would allow us to implement changes to prepare us for the transfer of ownership between him and my wife and I. So far so good.

There are better programs with a different bent to them, such as Elite, but MS! works well for us. Whatever plan, program, or coaching you decide on, you have to be willing to put in everything you can and learn to take 100% responsibility for the results you achieve, good or bad. ​​

I just re-upped with MS!. The plan works if you work the plan and find a consultant you can work with. My FIL is great at the transmission rebuild side and not so great at the business/customer service end (his words). He admits that we wasted the first 40K by not following the plan and not working well with our first two consultants.

In one of our recent meetings we discussed the idea of signing back up and trying again, but 40K isn't chump change. We agreed that I would do the program and he would allow us to implement changes to prepare us for the transfer of ownership between him and my wife and I. So far so good.

There are better programs with a different bent to them, such as Elite, but MS! works well for us. Whatever plan, program, or coaching you decide on, you have to be willing to put in everything you can and learn to take 100% responsibility for the results you achieve, good or bad. ​​

40K???? Over how long of a period??? That is a ton of money... If you are seeing gains 6 digits to your bottom line I suppose its worth it...

• Like 1

40K covers 3 year custom consulting plan via phone/internet/on site, 2 education/networking conventions a year, building one new website for our second location that exists under a previous name in the area, and running two websites for 3 years. The owner/owners also get to retake any class they or their staff have already taking.

I'm not a mechanic and my FIL is not a business person. This has helped the two of us bridge the gap in communication with each other and help with transitioning leadership/ownership​ from my FIL to my wife and I. Although I've done sales and customer service training and management in the retail sector, MS! has helped us turn our shop from mediocre to getting better. It takes hard work and lots of communication as a team, but I guess all things do.

• 11 months later...
  • Alex changed the title to Management Success