Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
CAautogroup

Vehicle Inspection Forms

Hello all,

How many auto repair shops / quick lubes / etc follow up there repairs by filling out a Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection Form? I would like to introduce this concept to our facility in hopes of obtaining future jobs and to tell customers about any present or future problems.

If you currently use a form, did you design it yourself or purchase a generic form? Do you give a copy to the customer or just keep it for your records (carbon copy)?

I am not too sure about other shops, but I also feel it is somewhat of a liability if an item is overlooked or not properly examed and checked or marked off in acceptable condition. Do you ask the customer to sign off on the inspection form so they are in reciept of it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      Has any signed up or know of this product? "Truvideo"
      BG has partnered with a company called Truvideo.  The process allows you to take a short video of the car and document any issues. The video is then sent to the customer, either thru a text message or email. The tech or service advisor narrates the video.  The customer can see on video things like worn brakes, worn tires, a leaking hose, etc.  
      I think that this has its place in the multipoint process. Below is a link for more information.
      Your thoughts?
      https://www.bgprod.com/programs/truvideo/

• By CAautogroup
      Hello all,
      Has this ever happened to any of you?
      We recently went out of our way to accommodate a customers' vehicle repair request. Though the customer was argumentative about pricing, hours charged, parts used etc, they ultimately agreed to the repairs. About an hour or so later, we receive notifications of several 0 or 1 star reviews on many social websites including Yelp, Google, Yahoo, Facebook....... you name it they had an account or made a new account to put their side of the story out there. 
      How would you handle this? Do you feel obligated to complete the said repair? 
      Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Nick 
    • By spencersauto
      Those shops doing courtesy inspections how much time are you paying your tech's to do the inspection? I've read on some forums anywhere from .30-.50. I am attaching a link to one of our courtesy inspections to give you an idea of what we check during our inspection process. Also, what do you pay the technicians for oil change & rotations each?
      http://2un.me/1ibws
    • By spencersauto
      How do you handle if a customer comes in a says their windshield wasn't cracked when they brought it in, have a blow out while driving a car, etc?

my techs are noting this on our courtesy inspection if they see any damage prior to service. Today I had a customer return they told me their windshield was cracked on one side when they brought it in but not on the other. I explained to her that we notate all damage and I would be happy to review our security cameras to check. Check the footage and have a clear shot of the tech pulling up with no crack after the repairs. The windshield was replaced earlier this year and the quality is below par as they didn't reinstall the hood trim at the corners of the hood and windshield. My guess is it was cracked at the corner at installation and with the weather changes this week it cracked. This is the first time this customer has been in since 2015. We also have a clause on our invoices that we aren't responsible for fire, theft, articles left in vehicles, any damage or acts of God. 

Weve only had this come up a few times over 16 years but wanted everyone's opinion on how you would handle.
    • By Joe Marconi
      Below is a link to a news video. It's about a mechanic that failed to do a proper inspection, and is now faced with manslaughter charges.

Investigators said Jalbert inspected Donald and Elizabeth Ibey's 1992 Chevrolet Corsica in May 2014, but didn’t inspect the car well enough before passing it. Elizabeth, 83, died in a car crash two months later. Her death could have been prevented, investigators said.

http://www.wptz.com/news/dmv-mechanic-charged-with-manslaughter-in-drivers-death/34659076
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors