• Announcements

• AutoShopOwner

Advertising & Promoting Your Company On AutoShopOwner - Information   02/25/2017

This message is only shown to FREE members and goes away after subscribing to a paid membership. If you are joining AutoShopOwner to promote your business, service, or product to this community of auto shop owners, please subscribe to a Sponsor Member Annual Package before doing so. With the correct membership, you will have the ability to post about your company in your posts and forum signature.

You can upgrade your existing membership here.

All marketing attempts to this community without proper membership level and/or approval by staff, will be considered spam, result in topic/post removal, and a warning, which can lead up to the banning of your membership, company and/or product on all pages of AutoShopOwner.

Thank you for your support.
jerryandjims

auto repair software with payroll and accounting capabilities

I am fed up with Quickbooks Pro. We are a small two man shop, I do the accounting. We wanted to hire a teenager for a few hours a week for clean up and Quickbooks wanted a huge amount to add one more employee with enhanced payroll! Besides, we are sick of the renewals each year going up so much.

I can either buy two separate programs (we want discs) one for shop management and one for payroll, I like to electronically file my tax reports and pay tax payments through the software online.

Maybe someone here uses software that does it all, does not cost over $300-350 to purchase. Upgrades would be optional,

I would like to implement a new system for January 2014. Help! <grin>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Cmon
      HI I'M NEW.

I KNOW MY PAYROLL IS WAY TOO HIGH WHEN I COMPARE TO INDUSTRY STANDARDS I FIND ONLINE.

LAST YEAR I WAS AT 22% SOME INFO I HAVE FOUND HAS SAID 12-14%. IT WOULD TAKE A LOT FOR ME TO GET IT DOWN THAT LOW.

READING NUMBERS ONLINE I THINK CAN BE UNREALISTIC SO I STUMBLED ON THIS FORUM WHILE LOOKING AT STUFF ONLINE.

I FIGURED I WOULD ASK...

THANKS

• By Joe Marconi
      I am not here to judge anyone or tell someone how to run their business. But, here is situation that bothers me. I was recently at a shop council meeting and one of the shop owners told that his master tech, a man in his mid 30s cannot get a bank loan to buy a house. When he told ne what he was paying him, I asked him, "That is a real good salary, why can't he get a loan?" He went on to tell me that this tech has only worked for him for 9 months and all his other jobs were either "off the books" or partially off the books. So his last three years of tax returns do not look all the good.

I am not naïve or going to tell anyone that I am a Saint. But, this got me thinking. Is this just another one of the reasons why we are plagued with image issues and maybe a reason why many shops struggle?

Let me play devil's advocate here. Isn't it true that the best run shops and the most profitable are those that are 100% legitimate.

I will leave it right there....
    • By jakethomasmaine
      Hello everyone,

I'm a recent college grad, former Toyota technician, and current software developer. I'm working on a shop management platform for a few shops in my area, but want to build it so it is useful for many others. The shops I'm building it for have limited budgets, and are currently using accounting software like Quickbooks and/or just doing it on paper. They are all profitable, established businesses, yet still use old accounting/ repair order tracking and billing methods.

What features do you look for in software? I know there are many options available on the market, but it seems like many of them have too many features and look confusing to use.

Any insight would be hugely helpful!

-Jacob