Quantcast

MattW

Universal Transmission Fluid

Anyone stock and use a "universal" transmission fluid? I've started buying bulk oil from Commercial Lubricants, and they stock "Service Pro Global ATF" that is supposed to work for anything except Type F and CVT's. I don't do all that much transmission service, so I don't care to stock 15 different fluids for that off chance I need one, but not sure if this is the better way to go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Customer's buying their own parts

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and was looking for this subject but couldn't find it. Sorry If I'm posted something that's already been discussed. I own a brake shop in Austin, TX. We do anywhere from 10-20 brake jobs a day. We only do brakes so I don't know how much full service auto shops deal with this problem but... Customers are constantly calling in claiming they've bought the best parts or they want to provide their own parts because they've done research and know what is best. This drives me crazy. First of all they don't know whats best. Then after being told no they get offended and act like tons of shops allow this. What is the best way to handle these customers? Just send them away? I'll quote them a price using our parts and they act as though its a rip off. What shops are doing this for their customers? I feel like I'm letting jobs get away from me. Any experience with this?

By Jonathan Ganther, in General Automotive Discussion

• 48 replies
    • New Fluid Forum View Added

Today we added a new option to view the main page of the forum in a fluid view. This view will list out the latest topics (similar to the sidebar latest topics). If you click on the "Showing topics from all forums" link (highlighted in yellow below), you can filter which forums you would like to see topics from. You can easily switch back to the classic table forum view at any time. The 2 buttons are right next to the start new topic button.     Filter your view by forums:    

By Alex, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 1 reply
    • Profitable Repair Transmission Business In Broward For Sale

In a great location. Around many car dealers and auto part shops. Shop has been in business for almost 20 years, with annual sales over $400k. 70% of the sales are through corporate cients. Two techni View the full article

By AutoShopOwner, in Automotive Business Opportunities

• 0 replies
    • Profitable Repair Transmission Business In Broward For Sale

In a great location. Around many car dealers and auto part shops. Shop has been in business for almost 20 years, with annual sales over $400k. 70% of the sales are through corporate cients. Two techni View the full article

By AutoShopOwner, in Automotive Business Opportunities

• 0 replies
    • What parts do you stock?

Just curious to what people actually keep in stock to make the work day go easier. Like batteries, tires, brakes, bulbs, ect.... I am trying to figure out what I should actually keep in stock so I don't have to wait for things. Also where are you guys getting your hardware from ? Thanks guys

By sparkerauto, in General Automotive Discussion

• 6 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors