Quantcast

Joe Marconi

New York Catalytic Converter Law June 1, 2013

If your shop is in New York, you need to go to this site and read about the new laws concerning installing new and used catalytic converters. The new law goes into effect June 1, 2013. I am surprised there isn't more press on this subject. New York is adopting California regulations.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/87411.html

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By herm_g
      A friend of mine asked me if it is possible to use diagnostic scanner initially intended to test cars (12V) but with intended capability to test other vehicles be used to diagnosed truck (24V).
      The idea is to use OBD 24V to 12V converter adapter (as photo shown) where the adapter to be plugged to truck DLC and the diagnostic scanner will be inserted into the adapter.

Are there any considerations of doing so?
      What else could be the other usage of OBD 24V to 12V converter adapter?
      Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• By Joe Marconi
      The cost of doing business in NY is high. It seems as if the expenses are going up faster than our sales income. How do we keep pace with cost of living and still remain competitive? It's hard to decrease fixed expenses.
    • By Joe Marconi
      I am not a fan of government intervention, but I hope New York’s new law requirement on replacement catalytic converters meeting California standards, cure our comeback rate when using aftermarket cats.

Many cats are replaced not due to failure or check engine light but because of rust thru on the attaching pipes. After the cat is replaced (which sometimes is half the size of the OE cat) is installed, the car comes back a few weeks later with a cat code. It’s frustrating and bad for business.

I know this issue has been brought up before, but are there issues around the country concerning aftermarket catalytic converters?
    • By Joe Marconi
      I get a chance to speak to a lot of shop owners around the country. While there are many mixed reviews on the economy, for the most part independent repair shops are doing well. Many have been holding their own the past few years and a surprising amount of shops are actually recording increases in sales.

How is your shop shaping us for 2013? Let us know how the last few years have impacted your shop and your area.

• By CARMandP
      Our little town holds a Best of White House competition where people vote for a list of businesses that they consider best in our town. Would you guys please take a few seconds and vote for us This free publicity is awesome as we were the Best of White House 2012 and are very proud of that fact. Here is the link to vote. Voting ends tomorrow April 19th so don't delay

http://browserconnection.com/?page_id=1331

Our business name is CAR Maintenance and Performance

Thank you guys for your help.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors