Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Want to Improve Sales Today?

Want to Improve Sales Today?

Treat Customers As Best Friends

Think about this; if you best life-long friend you haven’t seen in a while entered your shop tomorrow, how would you greet him? You would probably stop what you were doing, run over to him, shake his hand, have a smile on your face from ear to ear and start talking about the old days, family, sports, and a bunch of other things. Right? Would the encounter be business-like? Of course not.

Now, here’s the killer tip to increase sales. Let’s say this best friend needs brakes, would you have a hard time selling him? Absolutely not. Why? He’s your best friend; he knows you, trusts you and believes in you. Actually, there is no sale, the sale was made long before you discovered the brakes. The sale was made when you formed that bond with him as a friend.

I think at this point you know where I am going with this. We obviously can’t make all our customers our best friends, but we can surely treat them as they are.

The sales process starts with the initial contact, whether over the phone or in person. Welcome your customers as if they were a long-life friend and I guarantee you your sales will increase.

Build relationships, not customers.

I totally agree with Joe. This is my first post. I just joined this forum and am glad I can find people to relate to. Great thought.

Thanks! And welcome aboard. Looking forward to future conversations.