Quantcast

New to forum, Frustrated with shop management program

Moonlight

Hello all, i am a shop owner and we have switched to Manage 4.9, its been 3 months and i keep telling myself i have done the right thing but today i am thinking about getting out before i get in any deeper.

Let me know your thoughts on management programs, what you like and dislike.

I need a program that can handle a lot of inventory as well as work smoothly with my shop techs and service writers.

Thanks for your input.

Welcome to the site. I love your website. I am starting to branch out and do a little diesel in this area since its becoming a larger part of the market in this area. I may have to pick your brain occasionally for diesel information if you don't mind :)

I personally use Mitchell Manager SE. I don't have much inventory so I am not sure if it will help you but I have had great luck with their program.

Welcome to the site. I love your website. I am starting to branch out and do a little diesel in this area since its becoming a larger part of the market in this area. I may have to pick your brain occasionally for diesel information if you don't mind :)

I personally use Mitchell Manager SE. I don't have much inventory so I am not sure if it will help you but I have had great luck with their program.

Would be glad to help you out with diesel in your area, I have 8 employees and 90% of what we do is diesel pickups so any parts and support you need i am willing to help.

I have looked at Mitchell and maybe that is the way i should have went Alldata is trying to improve but its definitely not what i expected.

Welcome to the forum. I love your business name. How did you come up with it?

Been in the business for 15 yrs but before i started my own business i had a cushy management job with the school district handling school buses and did some "Moonlighting" on trucks. Decided to live the dream and run my business full time. You know living the dream run your own business, work sun up to sun down and wonder what you were thinking. haha No, its been good, but its not all easy.

• 1 year later...

Hi Terry,

I like your Logo...we started hand writing orders 20 yrs ago then went to Triad then to Alldata and about 5yrs ago went to Mitchell SI, I must say it the best of the ones we've used and with the repair feature the techs love it, as well as being able to build andd save revisions, you can intergrade it in with most parts houses so you can do a estimate and never pick up the phone...a real time saver.

Larry