Quantcast

Alex

Fixed or Fluid Width?

Fixed or Fluid Width?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Fixed or Fluid Width?

• Fixed Width (The way it is now)
    • Fluid Width (Fills mywide- screen)

We've recently added the ability to change the width of this site to flow with the various widescreen monitor sizes. Currently we are at a fixed width that does not change and is the most commonly used, somewhere around 950px.

Now more than ever, widescreen desktop monitors and laptops allow for more viewing space. With that, we introduced a fluid with that will stretch the width of this site to fill your screen better, and allow for more room to view.

Currently our default is our fixed width, and we would like to know what you prefer. Our new fluid width will always be an option, but maybe it should be our new default?

How to change the style to check? Look to the bottom of the board, for a drop down selector (you will also see our mobile version in the drop down, for phones). Try out the fluid style, you can change it anytime.... I've attached a poll to this thread, please vote and add your comments.

ASOFluid.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• The $19.95 Oil Change Offer

Yesterday, went for a drive through North Jersey, was very concerned to see that independent shops are putting permanent signs with the $19.95 oil change offers, the $59 A/C recharge, and the $5 dollar flat fix. This reeks of desperation, clearly the industry is coming due for a strong correction. At my shops this month we are starting to see price resistance from the lower income segment, we are having to exert price flexibility for price discovery which we are finding to be 10% to 20% from list pricing. The mid to upper segments are still going strong.

By HarrytheCarGeek, in General Automotive Discussion

• 95 replies
    • New Quick Links Section Added

We've added a tab for HOME in our main menu when logged in, which takes you to our home page and same place you would get to by clicking our logo. To make things a bit easier to navigate, we've included 2 rows of Quick Links to help you find important sections and for new members that are learning our site. 😀

By Alex, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 0 replies
    • New Fluid Forum View Added

Today we added a new option to view the main page of the forum in a fluid view. This view will list out the latest topics (similar to the sidebar latest topics). If you click on the "Showing topics from all forums" link (highlighted in yellow below), you can filter which forums you would like to see topics from. You can easily switch back to the classic table forum view at any time. The 2 buttons are right next to the start new topic button.     Filter your view by forums:    

By Alex, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 1 reply
    • Oil change

Greetings to all ! How many Tenths of an Hour do you give your technicians on oil changes?    Thanks.

By Framingham Auto Service, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 13 replies
    • Who’s doing the oil change on YOUR customer’s car?

According to a recent survey featured in the May issue of National Oil and Lube News, 38% of the motoring public usually go to a new car dealer to have their oil changed. Second place was a quick lube and third place was the traditional auto facility.  Now, I have to admit, this survey was done by a publication dedicated to the Quick Lube industry, so I am not sure of any bias here. But it is worth taking note that the people polled were car owners from across the country. And, in spite of what we think about the new car dealers, they do want to penetrate the consumer market we took for granted for so many decades. The point is that in today’s competitive climate we need to take a proactive approach to our business.  Anyone who knows me or reads my articles and posts know I have been preaching this for some time now. We also need to be convenient and deliver world-class service.  We need trained people on the phone and on the service counter.  Of course you need quality techs, training, information systems and the best equipment.  But, look at your business through the eyes of your customers.  That will tell you your next marketing strategy. If I were you, I would do my own survey….find out for yourself….Who’s changing YOUR customer’s oil?

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 33 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors