Quantcast

You can't afford to ignore this any longer

Here are some stats that I came across the other day with regards to where people in the US are spending their time these days…

•  
  • 76% of people in the US actively use the internet
  • The average person spends over an hour every month on Google
  • The average person spends over an hour every month on YouTube
  • And get this… 126 million in the US are on Facebook and they average spending 32 minutes socializing each time they visit!!!
  • Even better, 42% of people over the age of 50 (our best customers!) use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter – and that number doubled over the past year!

Lets contrast that to a few other tidbits…

•  
  • Yellow Page usage is way down (I couldn’t find any official figures, but you already know this is true)
  • Newspaper circulations continue to slide by double digit percentages every year
  • More than half of TV watchers record their programs (and blow by the commercials)
  • The cost of mailing a letter is going to cost 5.6% more real soon

Soooo…. The majority of Americans are getting online and spending an incredible amount of time while there, and the effectiveness of the ‘traditional’ way of marketing your business is declining quickly and getting more and more expensive. Any thoughts on where you might want to focus your efforts now and into the future??

The Best Way To Get Noticed Is To Stand In Front Of (not behind) The Stampeding Crowd!

Best, Ron Ipach, CinRon Marketing Group

• 3 weeks later...

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

• 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      We are almost into the 4th quarter of 2022, which means that you need to consider your 2022 tax return. Many shops are having a very good year, which means there may be more taxable income at your bottom line.
      What do you do to plan for and minimize paying taxes, while still maintaining a cash reserve? 

• By Eric Roberts
      Firstly let me say that I an just a regular guy from the UK who is the owner of a seven bay service centre/garage. I am not a financial expert. The dreaded inflation is upon us again. For the guys as old as me then this is nothing new. Back in the 70,s we had 15% inflation, but we all got by and lived for better trading days. Here in the UK we have always looked up to the USA because of your business prowess. So what do you guys look out as your worst enemy!
      When prices are going up then I find that the gap opens between rich and the poor's disposable income. So this question will effect garage owners in different areas. My garage is in a poor area with many immigrant families who drive cars. So this means we have to be more flexible with pricing. Finding out if your customer can afford that service ! For this reason we devised a three tier service pricing structure. This has also the effect of not loosing your profit margins. 
      The lowest price should include an oil and filter change and a general vehicle check over. This way we find the customer will perhaps be able to afford a service and your profit margins wont drop. This is just one small idea that we carry out! What do you guys do in these times of high inflation ? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Wishing everyone a Happy Labor Day!  I hope you take the time to spend with family and friends. You deserve a little R&R.

• By Joe Marconi
      According to studies from Northwestern, Birdeye, and other companies, people are most influenced by reviews with an average rating of 4.2 to 4.5 stars out of 5 — making this the ideal average star rating for purchase probability.
      Having all 5-star Google reviews can work against you.  People may not trust a company with all 5-star reviews. No business is perfect, and you cannot please everyone. Also, people make mistakes.
      Having negative reviews is not the end of the world, in fact, it may actually help your business. 
      Thoughts? Comments? 

• Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By Joe Marconi
      It appears that the economy is not out of the woods yet, with inflation and the Feds looking to raise interest rates more. 
      While gas prices are down (at least for now), there are other economic factors in play here that may affect your customer's wallet.
      So, is it time to tighten your belt a bit and squirrel away cash for a rainy day? 

• Our Sponsors