You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      The word OSHA makes many shop owners cringe. 
      I was lucky enough years back to have my insurance agent suggest I perform a voluntary OSHA inspection. A private company did it at the time.   
      They found tons of violations; some we knew would be flagged, but most we did not. 
      Have you ever had an OSHA inspection? And what can shop owners do to protect themselves? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      The gang’s all here; we have the entire Aftermarket Radio Network together for an important episode inspired by the movie Moneyball. We all have experience with people who are not our top performers, but are we better to have them on the team than not? You know them; they are consistent, reliable, steady, and contributors. Are they worth replacing? Will they become the best or top performers, or do they help strengthen our overall performance? A great discussion among your peers.
      Hunt Demarest, CPA, Paar Mellis and Associates, Business by the Numbers Podcast
      Matt Fanslow, Riverside Automotive, Red Wing, MN, Diagnosing the Aftermarket A to Z Podcast
      Kim and Brian Walker, Shop Marketing Pros, Auto Repair Marketing Podcast
      Chris Cotton, AutoFix Auto Shop Coaching, Chris Cotton Weekly Blitz Podcast
      Key Talking Points
      What REALLY contributes to production? Simpson Paradox Simon Sinec points out that Navy Seal teams value Trustworthiness far, far more than Performance.  VIDEO HERE  Tech productivity is one of the most important aspects of business, but how can these numbers skew what that employee is really doing (helping others, sharing duties outside of production, etc.) Are there some numbers or metrics that actually can look too good, which could cause an issue for growth or retention Numbers don’t lie, but sometimes can be misleading. Do your numbers match up with what you are trying to do with the business? You have to have your head up and eyes wide open to make sure you can identify the "doers" in your group.  Do you have a scorecard for success for your technicians? Pay plans; incentive greatness Who are your ‘support people' to contribute and make the whole picture better Culture is contagious Training when hiring- Weaknesses- be honest with eachother Fine balance- profitability aspect, you can’t have a shop full of unicorns Removing obstacles  
      Connect with the Podcast

Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners: Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com       Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. DelphiAftermarket.com
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      With all the different makes and models these days, and the complexity of modern vehicles, is it still possible to work on all makes and all models? To add to that, we now have to contend with electric cars. 
      Are we heading to more specialization? How do auto repair shops evolve their business model and their target customers? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      How secure is your computer and internal network? Could it survive malware or a virus? For most of us, our system just runs and is out of sight, out of mind…until something happens. I’m with Tom Sciortino, a good friend and local shop owner in my hometown, and his business computer got hacked. Tom’s personal accounts were also hacked.  He bought a couple of laptops he didn’t know about. Don’t let this happen to you; keep listening to find out how he discovered the hack and the changes he made to protect his network. 
      Tom Sciortino, Total Automotive, Buffalo, NY. Tom's previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      One of his 6 terminals was hacked in the shop. Hacker also had access to his home computer and Amazon account. Police traced recent order for 2 laptops to a home in Rochester, NY, about 80 miles away. Retrieved the laptops but couldn’t prove it was purchased by a hacker, no case can be created.  Passwords had to be locked down, and lock computer system with password protection. Google activity is monitored weekly Have a system in place for checks and balances- when Tom first started his business he had an employee skim cash from check deposits and steal 8K in 5 weeks.    Advice- have a good relationship with your IT and bankers. Evaluate your credit card chargeback policies and fraud alerts  
      Connect with the Podcast:

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

• Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By carmcapriotto
      How do your service advisors close their sales with a customer? Are they pre-scheduling for future maintenance appointments? Brett Beachler’s business has a 40% close rate for pre-scheduled maintenance appointments. He discusses how to make your current customers, your future customers.  Grab a pen and paper or head to the show notes on this episode. You don’t want to miss Brett’s closing presentation that can be implemented in your business.
      Brett Beachler, Beachler’s Vehicle Care & Repair, Peoria, IL. Listen to Brett’s previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Customer close procedure/presentation Try to understand what the other person sees and not just what your shop wants Factory specified maintenance review on cars- review the history on Carfax, review what the car needs according to the factory maintenance specifications. The system will actually calculate a date when it thinks you'll be due. Ask what are your plans on the car?  Is the car paid for? Review with the customer what your technicians did. Solidify them saying “You guys are my guy.” Lay the groundwork for them to say “You know what? You just gave me all the right reasons to make an appointment 4, 5, 6, 7 months in advance” Send a text to them about a week ahead  What you don't want to do- run the actual credit card amount and then try to explain it to the customer the factory maintenance and review etc.. As soon as they run that transaction, they're done.  You must direct your advisors the best way they will get the highest batting average for pre-scheduling. Don't start with a closed transaction.  If you don't capture them at that closed sale then the next thing is the email and the text, if we don't catch 'em there, then they call up three weeks later and say, “Hey, I just wanna schedule an oil change. And we go, oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, you got all this factory maintenance dude. You wanna do it?”   
      Connect with the Podcast:

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

• Our Sponsors

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile