You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By tirengolf
      Hope all are doing well, I have been absent for a while , life gets in the way at times. I have ask you guys questions many times and the answers have always been superb. This is not a question more like a huge decision I have to make. 
       My store was built in 1958 , just a square building with 4 outside bays across front with large roof system  and tech shop we added 10 years ago in the back with 5 stalls and 3 lifts. I have been there since I was 15 years old and now I am 60. We have always been squeezed with our corner lot, well 2 weeks ago the business next door which has 290 feet on the highway plus a very old body shop and a very old house that is liveable came up for sale. I have a contract on the property for 250k. But dang I wish I was 50 and not 60 years old. It lays out perfect where I could add 2 more open stalls and give anoher tech 3 new stalls down the side and tons of parking, I have none. We are busting at the seams,I need the room. no parking heck I cannot get all the work out of there daily. I can get some residule income from the one house, already had 2 guys ask me about rent on it. We have just had a huge brand new county jail built 2 blocks from us, Prettiest jail I have ever seen ,LOL, anyway guys I am having a hard decision on pulling the trigger , one thing is my age second thing I assume those  5 bays will help my bottom line tremdously. As you know with that comes a few more employees, new writer and probaly 2 new techs. Maybe I am apprehensive because I have never expanded like that. Has any of you guys done this or better yet gone through it, if so tell me the good the bad and the ugle. My employees are great but I will need at least 1 writer and 2 or 3 oil/tire/ tech trainy. Techs are hard to find today , I never thought I would be stealing other techs from other stores but I guess it is the way of th world. Any advie or help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Guys, David
    • By carmcapriotto
      Welcome to the 600th Episode of Remarkable Results Radio. Enjoy some very candid talk and behind the scenes revelations from some of the very first episodes from my panel.
      Along with the fun discussion, the panel dished out some great advice as the podcast continues to set the standard and the tone for aftermarket industry podcasts.
      Our longevity is a testament to the leaders from every segment of the industry who have shared so that others have gained. We will continue to bring thought piercing issues and commentaries so that you grow your business acumen. As I said and I mean it from the bottom of my heart, this podcast is dedicated to you for “listening and learning” and for letting me know how much our content means to you. And a big shout out to the sponsors who make the podcast a reality. Please support them.
      We’ve reached these milestones, besides the 600th RRR, the 200th Town Hall Academy and the start of Aftermarket Weekly this year only because you are there and use this resource
      The Panel:
      Greg Buckley is the CEO of the 50 + year young Buckley Personalized Auto Care in Wilmington, DE. He’s a member of ASA, an ATI Coach, a member of the Delaware Automotive Service Professionals, past member of the NAPA advisory board council, is vice-president of NAPA business development groups, and is involved as an advisory board member of Kukui, along with AutoVitals. Hear Greg’s previous episodes HERE.
      Dwayne Myers is a partner in Dynamic Automotive in the greater Maryland area. Dwayne invests time in the industry with the Auto Care Association and serves on the education committee with CCPN (Car Care Professional Network). Dwayne was recently honored as one of only 17 outstanding individuals that qualified for the prestigious 2017 World Class Technician Award presented by The Auto Care Association and ASE. He is very passionate about hiring and sustaining a strong and engaged team. Listen to Dwayne’s previous episodes HERE.
      G Jerry Truglia is well known for his automotive training through his company ATTS: Automotive Technician Training Services, where he covers topics ranging from hybrid vehicles, electricity, to Heavy Duty Truck repair. G is also a very proud founding member of the non-for profit Technician Service Training group. G Jerry Truglia Previous Episodes HERE.
      Bob Greenwood, AMAM (Accredited Master Automotive Manager) is President and C.E.O. of Automotive Aftermarket E-Learning Centre Ltd. (AAEC). AAEC is a company focused on providing Business Management Resources and Development for the Independent Sector of the aftermarket industry. Bob is one of 150 Worldwide AMI approved instructors. He has created Business Management development courses for aftermarket shop employers/managers, Jobbers and Jobber Sales representatives which are recognized as being the most comprehensive, industry-specific courses of their kind in North America. Bob’s previous episodes are HERE.
      Kim Auernheimer, AAM is the Co-Owner & Business Manager of CS Automotive in Brentwood, Tennessee. CS Automotive was opened in October of 2006 in the back of a warehouse and now they call a 6,400 square foot, 10-bay shop home. Prior to joining her husband Rob in the business on a full-time basis, Kim had a career in Commercial Real Estate and Property Management. In July of 2011, she stepped out from the background of the business and joined her husband in the venture of creating an industry-leading standout. Listen to Kim’s Episodes HERE.
      Matt Fanslow is the diagnostic tech/shop manager at Riverside Automotive in Red Wing, MN. His primary responsibilities are to diagnose drivability and electrical/electronic issues, and perform most all programming, coding, initializing, adoptions, etc. Basically, if it needs to be figured out or has wires, it goes to Matt. He’s been a tech since 1996. Matt’s goal is to do everything in his power to improve the overall level of professionalism within the automotive and light truck repair trade and also raise the level of its public image. Matt’s Previous Episodes HERE.
      Key Talking Points:
      Collectively this group participated in over 138 episodes from one on one or in panels on either Remarkable Results Radio, the Town Hall Academy, or For The Record Podcasts Thank you to all who have shared their wisdom, advice, insights who have made the podcast such a success Matt Fanslow: “This podcast is here for people who are actively trying to improve themselves.” Carm discovered his confidence and style improved over the years. G Jerry Truglia, TST, was a huge inspiration for the show For The Record. We recorded the first episode at Vision.  Dwyane Myers, Dynamic Automotive, was on episode two with his partners. They had three locations at the time.Funny story. I asked each to mention their name before they talk. Early jitters with the show to be perfect The early days were very sophomoric.  “New Normal” will still be virtual- cut down on travel expenses and time, can listen to audio and training through headphones wherever they are, especially the younger generation. The downside is missing the people involved with going to training and networking. Greg Buckley can connect many things in life to how we need to work in our daily lives. In his words, ‘We are more than a head under the hood’He is a long thinker a visionary Take time to think Top players in the industry continue to grow. There is more work to do.We need to bring our neighbor competitor into the fold of learning, growing, and leading Bob GreenwoodA profession, not a trade. No longer a grease monkey Been very consistent in his message Kim Auerheimer, CS Automotive, was honored as the Women In Auto Care Shop Owner of the Year 2020Her first interview was easy for her to do Younger people appreciate podcasts. Many listen while at work. The common theme is they felt comfortable being on the show which allowed them to share deeply The big thing about the pandemic is how much we miss the people.    Look back to see how far you’ve gone, podcasts in 2015 vs now- an evolution of style and content. Searching for guests and now having people reach out to be on the podcast. Networking and guests becoming friends with other guests because of the podcast. It is also an outlet for people to be transparent, comfortable, and have fun.  Connection- breaking down problems and sharing how to solve them and move forward. Shop owners and technicians can connect and stop feeling alone with the problems they face. Camaraderie.  Tuning in for training- do they not want it bad enough vs they don’t know how badly they need it. Communication starts with your team first then the client base.   Listen to Learn Just One Thing is not a slogan but a mantra for being a perpetual student  Resources:
      Thanks to Greg Buckley, Dwayne Myers, G Jerry Truglia, Bob Greenwood, Kim Auernheimer, and Matt Fanslow for their contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast. Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
      Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email
      Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP's HERE
      Join the Ecosystem - Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE.
      Buy me a coffee

This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve.  The Virtual AAPEX Experience 2020 is in the record books. Virtual AAPEX lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on the homecoming in Las Vegas in 2021. Mark your calendar now … November 2-4, 2021, AAPEX // Now more than ever.

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      Steven E. Shaw is a Professional Speaker and Trainer. Mr. Shaw holds various educational accomplishments including an MBA and PhD. Steven has trained thousands of service personnel.
      Steve provides tools to allow the customer to BUY. Steve has created the ultimate service advisor-training program that is being used in dealerships worldwide. Whether it is the entry-level express advisor to the veteran service consultant, Steven has proven to get results. These results always drive Customer Repair Order Performance and Service Advisor Paychecks.
      Prior to COVID Steve hosted Service Advisor Training in locations across the United States. Now Steve has pioneered LIVE-Online Training from his Virtual Studio. Mr. Steven Shaw is hands down an automotive expert and an inspiring speaker for the automotive industry.
      Find out more about Steve at SteveShawTraining.com and GOSteveShawTraining.com He can be reached via email at [email protected]
      Key Talking Points:
      “Tool guy” if you follow the tools and training you will sell more  Once you have a customer, they choose you, then they are your customer- not competition between shops or dealerships. They are YOUR customer to lose.     Customers buy more when they are satisfied with shops performance and they trust  Words with people- right words at the right time to retain customersNever use the word “recommendation” because it puts you in the category as a salesperson- customers distrust anyone’s “recommendation” Never use the word “should”- should is actually a command when oftentimes it seems like an option. Being told what to do is a turnoff and customers will resist on what they “should do.”    Instead, present the facts and truth- pass or fail parts in the vehicle. Fail the standards and are no longer safe to operate. “Your brakes are bad and we recommend you replace them” vs “Your brakes have failed our inspection today.” Either green or red, no yellow in between based on standards. And let customers know what is “important or require attention.”  Why customers buyFear of losing money- “I'm afraid if I don't buy it’ll cost me more money” 70% of people buy based on fear of loss   Hope for gain- “I hope I get something in return” value in what you provide    Customers know their budget- shifting the burden of importance  Handling objections- consequence for not buying is what makes a customer buy  “Value gets customers into the shop, the need is what gets them to buy.” Selling more maintenance Using the phrase “minimum requirement”- keep the vehicle in compliance Selling more tiresTires either pass or fail, let customers know the next time they come in their tires will fail standards- 70% of customers buy from the first person that tells them they need new tires. Ask the customer if they would like an alignment- simple and profitable Resources:
      Thanks to Steve Shaw for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast. Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
      Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email
      Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP's HERE
      Join the Ecosystem - Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE.
      Buy me a coffee

This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve.  The Virtual AAPEX Experience 2020 is in the record books. Virtual AAPEX lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on the homecoming in Las Vegas in 2021. Mark your calendar now … November 2-4, 2021, AAPEX // Now more than ever.

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm
    • By Nevil Jay
      Hi, 
      I'm currently looking into a business acquisition. It's a wheel repair shop based in South California. I have questions in terms of profitability and also, the expenses involved within the business. 

I have profit and loss statements of the business. They currently operate 24/7 and have 30-35 employees. I am looking for someone who has experience in this sector that may be able to give me some unbiased advice. I also wanted to somehow come up with a valuation of the business. It operates out of a leased building, but consistently profits the owner a large amount of money. Who should I look for to verify these numbers? Will any CPA be able to understand?

Thanks in advance, 
      Nevil 
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By carmcapriotto
      Ask Maryann Croce! What advice would you give a new business owner? Will this advice benefit the established business person?
      Would you like some advice on starting a business. What if you could apply this advice to your established business. With me is Maryann Croce from SmallBusinessvantge.com. She and her husband Tony also own Croce Transmission in  Norwalk, CT. 
      As a business owner, she can chalk up many a mistake that has turned into wisdom. She has been there and done that and shares 5  key principles to help a startup business person get ahead of the game. She is speaking to resilience, commitment, getting help, being curious and giving.  Learn why messaging, relationships and financials are vital no matter what stage you are and your business is currently in. Don’t believe you need to go it alone.
      Maryann was a banker turned business owner. Tony was a technician turned shop owner. She is also a member of Women in Auto Care and owns smallbizvantage.com
      Her biggest mistake as a new business owner was thinking she had to do it all. This is one of the reasons why her signature talk “Gain Control by Letting Go” was created.
      Maryann is also a member of Women in Auto Care and owns smallbizvantage.com. Hear Maryann in her previous episodes HERE.
      What advice would you give to a new business owner Resilience to be tested Easy to be the owner when everything is going smooth Will have constant challenges- need to be thick skinned Don’t lose empathy or kindness but don’t take things personally Take a stand Core values- know what they are and take a stand for yourself and others. Have to work for you, your team, your customers. Be an example every day  Ask for help Building relationships is key- vendors, suppliers, other business owners in industry and community Have a curious mindset Be open-minded to new ideas- willingness to grow and learn Won’t get stuck in negative flow  Share and give  Locally, industry event, you always have something to offer Help each other without an agenda  What is a healthy business? Profitable, sustainable and enjoyable  . Your business is part of your life, not your entire life- don’t lose sight of yourself, friends and family  How do you evolve to a business owner? Messaging- voice and messaging is right for business Relationships- how you nurture them Know the financials of the business Maryann’s Newsletter HERE Talk soon,

Resources:
      Thanks to Maryann Croce for her contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast. Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Link to Maryann’s Small Biz Vantage website HERE. Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.

Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
      Facebook   Twitter   Linked In    Email    Events    Speaking
      Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.

NAPA AutoCare’s PROimage program makes it easy for you to make the most of the NAPA brand. A PROimage upgrade lets you maintain your shop’s identity as a reliable, locally-owned business while letting your customers and potential customers know you’re partnering with NAPA, the most recognized and trusted name in the automotive aftermarket. AutoCare Centers that have completed a PROimage exterior upgrade enjoy an average 23 percent sales increase during the first year. You can also choose to go PROimage on the interior and transform your customer waiting area from merely utilitarian to warm and welcoming. You can even get a free look by visting www.NAPAAutoCare.com and clicking on the NAPA PROimage link under the NAPA PROimage tab. Of course, the AutoCare site is also the place to go to find out about all the advantages being part of the NAPA family has to offer.

• Our Sponsors

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250