Quantcast

Synthetic oils?

We don't promote any particular brand either. With the high buck cars we get in for service, the customers like us to use factory recommended brands, Mobil1 for the Porsches & Benz and Castrol Syntec for the BMWs & VW/Audis.

We don't promote any particular brand either. We will use a certain brand if the customer requests it. We Stock Mobil 1 and Castrol but have access to most other brands.

If they ask for it I'll get it, if they ask my opinion of a certian oil they'll get that too.

I will almost always tell them to check their owners manual for the proper oil and not go by the latest TV commercial they just watched. Gonzo

Gonzo, you mean TV and Consumer reports could be wrong?

When I read your comment I was laughing so hard the wife came by just see what was so funny.

It would be different if the manufacturers would put a campaign together where they took their products to the repair shops and gave us the chance to listen to their technical side of the whole thing first. Instead of sending all their propaganda out to the naive general public... who... seems to believe what they see on TV or the news. But a perfect world it isn't.... maybe we should make our own infomercials.... LOL

Thanx for the laugh Joe... that was truly funny... Just to see the wifes reaction was priceless.

My "generic" oil is the Oreilly's brand since I can get it pretty cheap and its made by either Valvoline or Havoline. The synthetic oil that I sell and promote is Amsoil. I have been an Amsoil dealer for over 2 years and have been very happy with the quality of the products they have and the broad range of products that they have.

Independent Amsoil Dealers For Amsoil Synthetic Motor Oil, White House Tennessee

I actually push and promote the XL series which is there 7500 mile oil. I use this in both of my vehicles and really like it. The XL5w30 wholesale is $5.20 qt and retails for $6.80 qt. The 5w30 synthetic wholesales for $6.75 and retails for $8.75. Of course, there is shipping to figure in there which most of the time when I place an order I get the products within 3 days.

You can sell the Amsoil product at what ever price the market will bare. I like using and promoting a product like Amsoil because the customer can't go to Walmart and buy the product. Your customers can go and buy the same products you just mentioned at the same price so there is no loyalty to come back to you for that oil change.

Here is the testing done with the Amsoil products.

http://www.amsoil.com/performancetests.aspx

The most promoted product may not always be the best products :)

• 5 weeks later...

That is more expensive than what I pay for Mobil One. By taking advantage of part store promotions and by picking it up by the gallon at Wal-Mart occasionally I keep my cost per quart on Mobile 1 at somewhere between $4.80 to $5.75 per quart. When we use synthetic we tend to price it around $7.50 per quart. What makes Amsoil attractive to you?

I also go to Wal-Mart to buy Mobil One. If I order it direct from the parts supplier it's $8.99 a quart. I buy the 5quart containers at Wal-Mart and it's under $5. I'm selling it for $8.75 a quart. I won't say I promote Mobil One but it's the synthetic I stock because it's the only brand synthetic oil I have had customers request by name. If a customer wants something else I'll probably keep some on hand for them.