general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

new published story

Gonzo

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

Great story! Congratulations on getting it published. I have met more then one of "my mechanic" who is a complete idiot but whom a customer trusts implictly. It was dumb of this guy to send the customer to you and then for him to question what you had done. In my book if you had been shaving the repair it would have made him look bad for recommending you.

Thanx, glad ya liked the story.... In my book I tried to account for each and any different type of shop situation that I could think of. It makes you think of the situations that you have been in that relate to the story... Interesting isn't it..... no matter what part of the country your in... people, oops, customers... are the same. LOL

Purchase a copy of my book, either from amazon.com, or my website. Or, go to your local book store and ask them to stock the book. Hey, maybe I'll just write stories and sell the wrenches... ah, not any time soon. LOL Thanx again

Edited by Gonzo

Thanx, glad ya liked the story.... In my book I tried to account for each and any different type of shop situation that I could think of. It makes you think of the situations that you have been in that relate to the story... Interesting isn't it..... no matter what part of the country your in... people, oops, customers... are the same. LOL

Purchase a copy of my book, either from amazon.com, or my website. Or, go to your local book store and ask them to stock the book. Hey, maybe I'll just write stories and sell the wrenches... ah, not any time soon. LOL Thanx again

Great story, I can relate completley because I have been down that same road. I also applaud your spirit in the way you handled the situation. You sound like a man that does not back down. That comes from confidence and pride in the work you do.

Great story, I can relate completley because I have been down that same road. I also applaud your spirit in the way you handled the situation. You sound like a man that does not back down. That comes from confidence and pride in the work you do.

Thanx Joe, I'm glad you like the story. The sad part of the story is that we... the shop keepers of the country... have all seen this..... and if someone is reading this now... and hasn't experienced it... you will.. don't worry...

And to add to the "don't back down" Without a doubt... I will not back down. Here's my thoughts on this subject. Draw the line in the sand... stand on that line... If you have done your job correctly and you know your right... then stand there... take the abusive name calling. Because in the long run that type of customer isn't coming back to your establishment anytime soon. More than likely they'll end up at the next shop and try the same thing again.

People, money, and their cars are never a good combination... throw in the dork with a wrench who also sounds convincing.... You've got the makings of disaster soup... and when that pot boils.... holy wrenches... what a mess. It's a part of the job... it's the part of the job that no one tells you about when you open the doors to your repair shop.... you find this out the hard way... experience.

Lastly, yes I'm very confident of what I do,what I know. Without that, I don't think you or I could have lasted as long in private business.

Thanx again for all your comments and replies.... Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo

Thanx Joe, I'm glad you like the story. The sad part of the story is that we... the shop keepers of the country... have all seen this..... and if someone is reading this now... and hasn't experienced it... you will.. don't worry...

And to add to the "don't back down" Without a doubt... I will not back down. Here's my thoughts on this subject. Draw the line in the sand... stand on that line... If you have done your job correctly and you know your right... then stand there... take the abusive name calling. Because in the long run that type of customer isn't coming back to your establishment anytime soon. More than likely they'll end up at the next shop and try the same thing again.

People, money, and their cars are never a good combination... throw in the dork with a wrench who also sounds convincing.... You've got the makings of disaster soup... and when that pot boils.... holy wrenches... what a mess. It's a part of the job... it's the part of the job that no one tells you about when you open the doors to your repair shop.... you find this out the hard way... experience.

Lastly, yes I'm very confident of what I do,what I know. Without that, I don't think you or I could have lasted as long in private business.

Thanx again for all your comments and replies.... Gonzo

We need more Gonzos in this business. Shop owners and techs that will not cave and do the right thing. It would be a better world.

• Like 1