Quantcast

AutoShopOwner Articles

This forum is reserved for article discussions. Comments posted on article pages will also be added as posts to article threads here, and visa versa.

464 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. Article: Helming Your Ship

• 2 replies
  2. Article: Two Faced

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies

• Upcoming Events

• Latest Posts

• Looking for ideas or suggestions maybe something that has worked for other shops. Again we are a small rural shop, out of the main town about 10 miles. We have several tow companies in the area that will haul by our shop & take to another shop. We mainly do tires but are able to do light mechanic work like brakes, alternators, batteries, starters, etc, etc. I know some customers may request to take it to another shop but I also feel that we are an option that gets over looked & the tow companies may make a little more buy driving on by.  My Question is does anyone have a program that they are working with a tow company to bring cars to the shop when a customer does not have a preference. We have a loyalty program that I thought for every dollar the customer we will give the tow company the same value in points. Do we offer to pay the tow bill upon del so they don't have to mess with? How do we know if the tow driver is bringing to us on his own or the customer requested? Open to ideas & maybe it is what it is. Thanks  
    • We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To continue reading responses, you must be signed in.
    • We allow visitors to read the first post of each topic. To continue reading responses, you must be signed in.
    • I remember being at a meeting with my staff where I voiced my opinion on an important issue. When I was finished, I asked if everyone was in agreement. Everyone nodded their heads yes.  After the meeting, one of my service advisors told me that half of the employees did not agree with me.  When I asked why did they agree, he replied. “You’re the boss, you intimidate others.” This made me think about my leadership style.  Being unapproachable will prevent you from hearing other opinions; which is important to the success of the company. When speaking with your employees, ask a lot of questions. Avoid giving your opinion until you have heard from others.  Praise suggestions and the opinions of others, and thank others for speaking up. The most successful teams are those that build strategies through a collective effort.