Quantcast

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

Is there an EV Charging Station in Your Future?

With the massive push from car makers to build more electric vehicles in the coming years, does it make sense now to install an EV charging station?  

What percentage of your current customers own EVs?  And do you have customers asking questions about EVs? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xrac said:

We have very few EVs here in the hinderlands and no inquiries to speak of.  However, a charging station might be an interesting idea.  However, the best concept to me would be if I were an restaraunt owner. You could offer dining and charging at the same time. 

All great points, Frank. Middle America does not have nearly the amount of EVs as the East Coast or West Coast. And a restaurant of some kind, near a major highway with adequate parking may be an idea worth looking into. For me, my advice is to wait and see. Too many variables at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Transmission Repair said:

It's too early for EV chargers.  Perhaps 5 years from now.  It's all a matter of timing.

I tend to agree with you.  Too many things are changing also, and who knows what technology will bring out in the next few years. 

I own a Tesla and other than the 2,300 mile cross country trip to buy it I have ony used a charging station twice, otherwise charge at home in my own garage. The places I have charged on the trips, the charging stations mostly were either where I could walk away from the car and eat, rest room break or buy something while waiting. Having a charging station in a auto repair faculity would not benefit the shop owner nor the car owner.  Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, weighit said:

I own a Tesla and other than the 2,300 mile cross country trip to buy it I have ony used a charging station twice, otherwise charge at home in my own garage. The places I have charged on the trips, the charging stations mostly were either where I could walk away from the car and eat, rest room break or buy something while waiting. Having a charging station in a auto repair faculity would not benefit the shop owner nor the car owner.  Just my thoughts.

Great points!  What are your thoughts about cities, with hi-rise apartment buildings? With tenants on the 8th floor, it doesn't seem feasible at this time to own an EV in that situation.  

That is exactly why the charging stations are plentyful in larger cities. Apartment dwellers are not able to have their own charging point like a home owner or renter would. It goes back to the having a charging point where the person charging the car while having to sit in that spot for 20 or 30 minutes, or less would be able to go into a close by place to buy some food or drink. A auto service center would not be the best place for such a charging point. When i made my drive back with my Tesla I made a point to go into each local store where the charge station was and buy something, as a Thank You to them for allowing the space in their parking lots for the charge point. Many folks do the same thing when using those charge points.

• Like 1

• Joe Marconi changed the title to Is there an EV Charging Station in Your Future?