Quantcast

Sales Down? Spend More on Advertising!

You're "spot-on" Joe! The problem I see (from the shop owners I talk to) is that marketing/advertising/promotion is considered like a "like item" expense. It's treated like "supplies" or other expensed you need to run a business. I get it. 

But if that so called expense generated income, is it an expense? Or an investment? 

I know we can play around with words too - and I'm not trying to "sell you" (or anyone) on anything. 

But in conversation with shops and I ask them "What was the last marketing or promotion or the last time you sent a postcard or anything?", know what the answer is??

NOTHING!  

So with the risk of sounding like a smart a**, I ask them "Then what did you expect?" 

Look, if you put together a simple postcard... just black ink on a colored stock (I like yellow because it seems to get more attention) ... and just mail it out to your customers (who already know, trust and like you) with a kick-butt offer... you're going to get work! It's that simple.

That makes the "expense" an investment. 

Hope this helps!

Matthew
"The Car Count Fixer"

P.S.: Grow your Car Count, Income & Profit - Follow me on YouTube
P.P.S.: Facebook? 
P.P.P.S.: Car count in 72 Hours? 

• Like 1

Good advice Joe..  I always try to ramp up advertising a month before I know it might slow down.

You might talk about being prepared for the unexpected also. November 2018 I was in an accident and lost my left leg. Luckily I had decent employees in place, and a fair savings account. I was in a good place to spend a month in the hospital. Could you walk away from your business for a month? Would it survive or go under?

• Like 1

Nice job with the map! Just watched it. What a great resource?? Can you share where/how you purchase them? I know a few shop owners who could really use this! Even if you're not looking for a shop - you can start to do some direct mail into those zip codes. Thanks for sharing!

Matthew
"The Car Count Fixer"