Quantcast

CAZM

WEEKLY SALES MEETING

I'm thinking about have a weekly sales meeting with my sales team. I'm just wondering if anybody has tried this or does this? If so has it helped and what type of things do you cover?

Meeting are an excellent way to get everyone on the same page. We have team meetings, service advisor meetings and technician meetings.  We review company policy, new business, problems and issues and ways to improve as a team. We also review our goals and ask for input from the group. Just don't make the meetings a  beat up session and make sure everyone has something constructive to offer.   You never want the meeting to be a place to complain or tell war stories. 

• Like 2

I have morning conference calls, managers dial in at 7:30AM, objectives are run through and picked through if something is not working. On Thursdays at 2PM we have a one hour conference and issues are discussed.

I can look at the dashboard at anytime and see what the shops sales are and what is being work on that should be listed on the "work in progress". By 9:PM I can see all the daily numbers from the day's performance.

The point, information is good, but you have to have the guts to call out people that do not perform. A bad manager will poison your shop and destroy its ability to be profitable. Also, give them enough time to give you feedback that is based on facts and evidence, not on anecdotes.

• Like 1

I'm too small to have weekly meetings but if important policy changes happen I just tell the guys. If something I'm not liking happens it gets addressed immediately. When it's raining I have a 5 minute meeting "check the wiper blades don't let a car leave if you think they won't be able to see" you get the idea. I'm not a fan of "we need to do $120k this month" it's ineffective. 

• Like 1