Quantcast

CAautogroup

TPMS services....why didn't I think of this sooner

Hello all,

After two years, Our shop would like to start servicing TPMS services lights preset on most vehicles we encounter at our facility. I can't even imagine how much income we lost from not thinking about this earlier.

What scanners do you use to scan\flash TPMS sensors and how much do you charge?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Nick

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By TireChamp
      I think that it is very important for shops to check TPMS sensors BEFORE changing tires to avoid blame for defective sensors.

What equipment is your shop is presently using--how satisfied are you with it?

I'm considering the purchase of the following KTI tool: http://ktipst.com/index.php?page=press_release

And the following system (affordable universal replacement sensors that can be programmed to mimic OEM sensors) sounds great, but I don't know anyone who has used it: CUB Programmable Universal Replacement - TPMS Scan Tool ($650 from Tire Rack Wholesale) and TPMS Sensors ($28 each from Tire Rack Wholesale)

Thanks for your help!
    • By OverlandAuto
      In the market for a good TPMS tool. There is has been info in the past but a lot of new equipment has been introduced since then.

So what are the recommendation's for a good TPMS tool?

Do you have one you don't like?

• By ncautoshop
      What are you guys using?
      Always sent tpms work elsewhere and just found out elsewhere (local tire store doesn't have a tpms tool either)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• By CAautogroup
      How so you go about servicing Tpms? What scan tool would you recommend for reprogramming / flashing newly installed sensors? How do you typically go about charging for servicing such an item?
    • By mspecperformance
      Customer makes and appointment to swap wheels on a 335i (he has the tires already mounted).

Vehicles comes in with the TPMS light flashing and an obvious issue with the system. The new wheels don't even have sensors installed. We ask the customer what he wants to do and inform him that to get the TPMS system working we would have to dismount all 8 tires and see what it is reusable and what isn't. Customer declines as it doesn't fit in his budget (yes drives a 20k+ used car but doesn't have a few hundred bucks to fix properly). We notate this on his RO and let him leave.

Was thinking this morning, was this the right course of action? Any way I could be held liable if anything happens say a flat tire and an accident?
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors