Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Let's not forget December 7th, 1941 - Pearl Harbor Day

On Sunday morning December 7, 1941 America's naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii was attacked by aircraft and submarines of the Imperial Japanese Navy, killing 2,403 American military personnel and civilians and injuring 1,178 others. The attack sank four U.S. Navy battleships and damaged four more. It also damaged or sank three cruisers, three destroyers, and one mine-layer. Aircraft losses were 188 destroyed and 159 damaged.

The day after the attack, the United States declared war on Japan and entered World War II. President Franklin Roosevelt, in a speech to Congress, stated that the bombing of Pearl Harbor is "A date which will live in infamy."

"There are some things that we must never forget, the attack on Pear Harbor is one of them" , President Franklin D. Roosevelt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Today is Pearl Harbor Day- Let us all remember

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, which is annually on December 7, commemorates the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, in Hawaii. Many American service men and women lost their lives or were injured on December 7, 1941. National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day is also referred to as Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day or Pearl Harbor Day.

By Joe Marconi, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 1 reply
    • The person answering your phone may be killing your repair shop

A few weeks back I had a problem with my refrigerator.  I got a referral and called an appliance repair company. I called three times and each time I called this is what happened: "C and E appliance, please hold."  I was put on hold three times for about 5 minutes. After being put on hold each time, a women would say, "What's the problem?"  No engagement, no sign of interest for me the customer, no signs of caring.  I gave the women a brief description of the problem and each time she told me someone would call me back.  Well, no one did. So, I called for the 4th time, and as the person answered the phone I said, "DO NOT PUT ME ON HOLD."  There was silence, so I continued.  I explained to her that she has spoken to me three times,  I left messages three times and three times you told me that someone would call me back.  She replied,  "You are talking to the wrong person, if you have any complaints, write a letter to my boss, after all he won't listen to me anyway."  I hung up the phone and called another company. The lesson and takeaway here is simple: Who's answering your phone?  The wrong people on the phone in your shop can kill your business.  Have meetings with your people. Make sure you review your phone skills policy. If you don't have one, create one.  Empower your people to people to handle issues. And make sure you log every phone call. If you feel you have a problem, start recording phone calls.  Your phone is your lifeline to future business.  So, please ask yourself....Who's answering your phone?   

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 5 replies
    • SOCIAL MEDIA ATTACK SNOWBALL

I NEED HELP.  I have been in business 48 years.  We had our best year ever, finally over 1 million in our small shop. I have always prided myself on our reputation.  We recently had a vehicle that had a drain plug not put back in and in return the engine went bad.  We replaced it with an engine with fewer miles. Both engines her old one and the replacement needed a timing belt.  The customer originally agreed to pay $650.00 for a new timing belt reduced price, when we put the engine in.  Finished the job and then she didn’t want to pay. We eventually said fine just pick up the car. We had asked her to sign a confidentially agreement because she had her son, sister, ex-husband and uncle  come in yelling.   She has turned us into the BBB which we have  A plus rating.  We responded with she could pick up the car anytime for Zero dollars.   We are being pounded in social media website NEXT DOOR.  It is like a snowball going downhill getting bigger and bigger.  Can’t get it to stop.  I responded on the site.  I didn’t do a he said she said.  I just laid out the facts.  I know people read what I had to say and appreciated it.  I even had a person stop in and say it took a lot of guts to respond like I did.  But he couldn’t say anything because he is a business owner and didn’t want to be attacked for it.  With all that being said we have many wonderful customers.  We have 667 five start reviews with only 8- 1 star reviews.  I know I am not the first person to be attacked like this on social media.  Any ideas would be much appreciated. If interested attached is my reply that went on the neighborhood site.   You can even call me.  503 646 2940  randi gant.docx

By DUFRESNES, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 22 replies
    • Today is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, also referred to as Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day or Pearl Harbor Day, is observed annually in the United States on December 7, to remember and honor the 2,403 citizens of the United States who were killed in the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii on December 7, 1941.  Let us never forget!  

By Joe Marconi, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 0 replies
    • Military Discount

Customer gets my price down as low as I can go then they ask about a Military Discount. How do you guys/gals handle this. I usually sniff out the takers although these are nice people looking for the best price. I am sure this happens with others , I just have not found a way out. I usually compliment a oil change or a extra service although it always feels odd. Any ideas would be appreciated.

By tirengolf, in General Automotive Discussion

• 5 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors