Quantcast

Cmon

What do you think the payroll as a percentage of total sales should be?

HI I'M NEW.

I KNOW MY PAYROLL IS WAY TOO HIGH WHEN I COMPARE TO INDUSTRY STANDARDS I FIND ONLINE.

LAST YEAR I WAS AT 22% SOME INFO I HAVE FOUND HAS SAID 12-14%. IT WOULD TAKE A LOT FOR ME TO GET IT DOWN THAT LOW.

READING NUMBERS ONLINE I THINK CAN BE UNREALISTIC SO I STUMBLED ON THIS FORUM WHILE LOOKING AT STUFF ONLINE.

I FIGURED I WOULD ASK...

THANKS

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Joe Marconi
      I am not here to judge anyone or tell someone how to run their business. But, here is situation that bothers me. I was recently at a shop council meeting and one of the shop owners told that his master tech, a man in his mid 30s cannot get a bank loan to buy a house. When he told ne what he was paying him, I asked him, "That is a real good salary, why can't he get a loan?" He went on to tell me that this tech has only worked for him for 9 months and all his other jobs were either "off the books" or partially off the books. So his last three years of tax returns do not look all the good.

I am not naïve or going to tell anyone that I am a Saint. But, this got me thinking. Is this just another one of the reasons why we are plagued with image issues and maybe a reason why many shops struggle?

Let me play devil's advocate here. Isn't it true that the best run shops and the most profitable are those that are 100% legitimate.

I will leave it right there....
    • By jerryandjims
      I am fed up with Quickbooks Pro. We are a small two man shop, I do the accounting. We wanted to hire a teenager for a few hours a week for clean up and Quickbooks wanted a huge amount to add one more employee with enhanced payroll! Besides, we are sick of the renewals each year going up so much.

I can either buy two separate programs (we want discs) one for shop management and one for payroll, I like to electronically file my tax reports and pay tax payments through the software online.

Maybe someone here uses software that does it all, does not cost over $300-350 to purchase. Upgrades would be optional,

I would like to implement a new system for January 2014. Help! <grin>