Quantcast

Brake Fluid Testing - Fluid Services

I was wondering what other shop owners are using to recommend brake fluid servicing. I just searched on line and came across a site that explained it and showed several tools and methods. They showed strips, a refractometer and also a tool I've never seen before, an electronic tester that measures the fluid's boiling point. After not doing these types of services in the past I am looking for ways to educate customers on why they need replacement especially with all of the negativity that some people have about changing fluids. Many people that come to our shops are sometimes worn out by the up sells that they experience at the dealer. I personally think the dealer does a better job sometimes of keeping people on proper maintenance schedules. I know it all boils down to the relationship with the customer. It can be hard though when it is a new customer. I don't have a problem recommending these services, I know that I want good fluids in my own car. I'm just wondering what others are experiencing and doing about this.

We suggest brake fluid service by age and condition. If we are doing brake work we suggest an brake fluid service as well. Many expensive brake system hydraulic repair's can be avoided if the brake fluid is kept in in good shape and the abs activated from time to time . The thing about fluids is that if you take care of the fluids the hard parts tend to take care of themselves. B)

• 2 weeks later...