Quantcast

Warringtonsauto

Slowly expanding and growing shop needs advice on equipment

Hi,

We are a small family owned and operated shop that is bursting at the seams. As we continue to grow and are able, I would like to add to our equipment. What are your recommendations for equipment for a 4 bay shop for a coolant flush and a brake flush machine? I see what I think are decent machines in the $2500.00 range and that is ballpark of what we can budget. I appreciate your feedback.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Consider Joining Family Service Day!

At the Ratchet + Wrench Conference last month, I met Charlie Marcotte, owner of Amerian Pride Auto in Virginia and the founder of Family Service Day. After doing a little research, I joined the organization.   Family Service Day originated in 2009 with a Williamsburg, Virginia based company, American Pride Auto. The idea was simple: offer support to single parent families and deployed military by offering the gifts and talents we have been given, the ability to repair vehicles, for free. There are really no limitations — if you have desire to make an impact in your community, Family Service Day is a great way to get involved.   Getting involved in your community is the best way to make your shop stand out as the business that cares about people. Plus, it will get your staff involved which will boost morale. You can reach out to your vendors for help with parts and also get major businesses in your area to help sponsor the event.   Shop owners, I recommend that you find out more about Family Service Day. Below is a link for more information:   http://www.familyserviceday.org/

By Joe Marconi, in Banner Programs & Franchising

• 18 replies
    • coolant testing methods

what is the best method for evaluating engine coolant condition? test strips? voltage? other? thanks!

By don.dd, in General Automotive Discussion

• 6 replies
    • Equipment

I am in the process of purchasing some new equipment. One of my vendors that I have bought from for years has a Teco tire machine, has anyone had a good or bad experience with this brand ?? I have narrowed my tire balancer down to Hunter.  Any ideas out there on Teco

By tirengolf, in General Automotive Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Dealing with family & friends?

This has kind of been a hot topic here lately...how do you guys deal with family and friends? I am trying to run a business, as are the rest of you, how do you deal with people wanting "friend discounts" or family not paying their bills. It seems I try and separate business and personal relationships and in the process end up being the "bad guy". How do you deal with close friends as customers and try to give them a deal but not go out of business by them expecting it every time? Do you just not do business with family or friends?

By PARKSINDUST, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 25 replies
    • Cheap Chinese Equipment

Hello everyone, first post here, I'm in the process of opening an actual shop, i've been a mobile mechanic for 10 years. I specialize in hybrid and electric vehicles. I've been searching prices on fluid exchanger machines, lifts and other pricey equipment. I've been looking at some really cheap Chinese equipment on ebay, i'm just wondering if anyone here has successfully used any of this equipment. It's tempting but I know the old "you get what you pay for" mantra. They got lifts for $1,600 and ATF fluid exchangers for $335. Might be worth trying the fluid exchanger on some of my own vehicles for that price. I appreciate any input, thank you!

By Voltek H/EV, in Automotive Shop Tools & Equipment

• 13 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors