Quantcast

Per Axle Pricing - Brakes

I would like to increase take rates in brake work at my shop. I've done coupon ads, both percentage-off and dollars-off and my service writers are also allowed to offer discretionary discounts at the podium if it makes the sale. However, this isnt moving the needle much.

I have been advised to try price point advertising aka per axle pricing to simplify the service review process. Now, to be clear, I have no intention of throwing out the $99 per axle offer with the small print disclaimer of "most vehicles" or "additonal parts not included". Im not sure what the number is, but certainly it would be a two, maybe three tiered offer, passenger and heavy duty and specialty (euros etc.). Of course there would be some obvious exclusions which would have to be carefully managed.

Has anyone moved from parts and labor pricing to per axle pricing succesfully?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

When people call and ask how much for a brake job, the answer is always "bring it in for a free estimate". We tried to package price brake jobs and it brought in too many price shoppers. However, if we do an oil change and notice the rotors are rusted we suggest a future appt. for brake work. They ask " how much " and I tell them it's normally around $250 per axle, (pretty close to the average in my area) that way they know what to budget for. I assume we can put pads & rotors on most cars and rebuild the calipers for about that so it seems to work. Recently we flat out refuse to do pad slaps, it costs us too much time explaining the fact of cheap = cheap.

Edited by alfredauto

• 4 weeks later...