Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
CAautogroup

How to train employees

Hello all,

What policies / procedures / rules do you have and enforce on your employees that represent your business? ie no cell phone use, professional attire, etc. We seem to be having a tough time at our facility of the employees following direct orders. What steps do you take to enforce rules in the work place? ie probation, time off? Do you have a handbook you follow?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By insomniac
      Iv noticed over the years there are times when business/car count drops off by a huge amount all at once. Last year it was brutal in January and got worse in February. It got busier the 2nd week of March and was pretty steady the rest of the year with my best month ever in November then even topped that in December. But this year its back to the same. January came leads completely dropped out, February came and it got worse, just like last year. Now I know its just a waiting game and business will pick back up. Its not just me every shop in the area is completely empty. --- What triggers these pattern down turns? Has anyone ever figured that out? Thought?
    • By Oakdle Auto Care
      I am at a loss on where to find comprehensive information on rules, regulations and laws that govern Automotive Body Repair in the state of Louisiana.  I have done extensive searches on the internet and made numerous phone calls in search of anyone thats knowledgeable in this area.  Is there anyone on this site that can lead me in the right direction?
      Thanks in advance for any information.
      Yvonne 
    • By Joe Marconi
      If you have a repair shop business in New York State that you are looking to sell, please let me know.   I will keep this strictly confidential.  Criteria required, shops with 6 plus bays. Other details to be explained.  Please email me: [email protected]

• By Dakotaj96
      Hello Everyone,
      I am opening up a new shop from scratch. Its a larger shop (8 bays, 5 lifts, tire machine/balancer, alignment machine, etc.) I know this is a very poor question but how many techs should I have opening day? What I mean by this is I don't want to hire 2 guys and have to lay them off the 2nd week because we don't have business yet or have to turn away 50% of my work because we are busy and only have 2 guys. Any good solutions you guys could think of the help combat this issue? Thank You 
    • By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Elite’s industry acclaimed Online Phone Skills Training, sponsored by Jasper Engines & Transmissions, has been proven to not only help shops bring in more new customers, but do so in a way that demonstrates your professionalism, your ethics, and shows your customers and callers that you truly care about them.
      Here are just a few of the topics that will be covered during the three 45-minute modules (Weds, 7/17 through Weds, 7/31):
      - Winning the confidence of those difficult first-time callers
      - Effectively handling tough, persistent price shoppers
      - Handling the most common and most difficult sales objections
      - Understanding your callers and their emotional minds
      - Using several proven techniques and tips to close more repair and service sales
      - Converting your priceless callers into rock-solid appointments
      It's only $179 to enroll, and availability is limited, so visit or Online Phone Skills page to learn more or reserve your seat today: https://www.eliteworldwide.com/phone-skills-training-for-auto-repair-shops.html

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors