Quantcast

nmikmik

Dealership experience

I was struggling to find the right forum to post, so please feel free to move to the appropriate column if you wish.

Was looking for another management software and ran across this, specifically dealer targeted, system.

http://www.adpdealerservices.com/en/solutions/fixed-ops/service-department/adp-service-edge.aspx

For those who worked at the dealer before, it is probably not news, but to me it was. I realize that they have to sell their system to the dealer, just like AllData or whoever is selling theirs to us. But, please click on the video and see how they approach the customer experience process as a long term commitment. We are constantly talking about it here on the forum, but are we really giving our 100% commitment to each and every one of them?

If we are to beat the dealer at their game, we must see what they are doing and how to tweak our business accordingly.

At 02:04 of the video you will notice the word I love to hate - UPSELL

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/upselling.html

I just wish more of our customers can see what the dealer is really interested in. See 02:22

No, I am not into dealer bashing and actually believe there is plenty of decent dealerships out there that have customer benefit in mind and would treat them right. On other hand, there is plenty of them that don't and that's where majority of our business will come from.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Free Simple Shop Management Software

Hey Everyone, I'm Ricardo from Complete Auto Reports.  You may have heard about the shop management software that we made at a shop in Linden NJ.  We've been really busy over the last year trying to refine the process at a shop through the software.  We have come up with something we think that people can and will benefit from.  We want to start with smaller auto repair facilities who are looking for something to transition out of paper and pen, as well as word documents and/or excel spreadsheets.   We've taken our software and made a free package that allows the following from any device with a updated and functional browser: Take appointments from your customers Digital Vehicle Inspections - Included in every service request and sent to each customer if performed Workflow - Pending, Under Process, Awaiting Approval, Approval Completed, Work In Progress, Completed Ratings - Customers can communicate ratings directly to you Messages - You can communicate with customers through the platform Customer App - All service history available, can schedule appointments with the app, transfer vehicle records to new owners Sales Reports 100% mobile - Works on everything from your 5inch iPhone to your desktop.  You can presently upload all of your customer information: name, address, phone numbers, email. Paid for versions offer parts ordering through PartsTech.com and Employeement modules that track employee time on jobs. Are there members here who are interested in trying the free platform to see if it's a fit for their business? Anyone interested in the paid for versions, can also get 60 days of free use and discounted rates available from our SEMA promotions.

By CAR_AutoReports, in Management Software, Web Sites & Internet

• 4 replies
    • Better shop management - only 17¢

This is a super simple tactic you can start today - and you don't have to be a "techy" either! Instead of typing it all out, I made this short video that explains it all. And by the way... put your wallet away, there's nothing for sale. Just information that can help YOU grow your car count, income and profits! Enjoy! 
      Hope this helps! 
      Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"
      #carcounthackers

P.S. Join the conversation and grow your car count, income and profits - FREE Videos on YouTube! P.P.S. - FREE TRAINING REGISTRATION STILL OPEN! How to Double Your Car Count in 89 Days Without Wasting Hard Earned Dollars on Money Sucking Advertising!

By JustTheBest, in Shop Management Coaching, Business Training, Consulting

• 0 replies
    • Post your shop's website!

We've created this section here for you to post your shop website. This is a great way to get some feedback and suggestions from your peers.

Please post relevant automotive shop websites only. Any posts including non automotive shop websites will be moderated and removed.

Thank you.

By Alex, in Management Software, Web Sites & Internet

• 211 replies
    • GM Dealer Parts Warranty??? What Would You Do???

Is there a way to get GM to pay labor warranty? I have a customer's 2005 Chevrolet SSR 6.0L Automatic. Oil pan threads were stripped and we got a new oil pan from local Chevrolet dealer (very pricey) and labor intensive. When I got the oil pan new in the box, it had metal shavings from the casting marks to which we cleaned out and it was fine. We installed the oil pan and after putting some mileage on it, we noticed oil on the ground. After lifting it up we discovered that the oil pan has factory casting marks and oil was literally seeping through the bottom of the pan through the casting mark. The tech is not happy, I am not happy and I'm about to call the customer to tell them the news so they won't be happy paying for more rental car time. I called the parts department from the dealer that I purchased from and told them what happened and they can exchange the pan but they don't pay labor. Very frustrating cause of the labor involved and the customer who had a rental car for about a week now and already turned it in today thinking she was getting her car? Is there a way to get labor reimbursement? I already tried the GM 800 number and filed a complaint and they said it would be about 2 business days or whatever before I get a call back from a rep. Does anybody know how to find a local GM rep to come see their crappy product? Joseph

By [email protected], in Automotive Products & Services

• 0 replies
    • Auto shop owner new forum topics

Just got my e-mail on the latest forum topics. Out of 20 topics 7 are marketing ads from the same person. Also under popular forum topics of 5, 3 are ads also by same person of which no discussion took place. So how are these popular. I get a ton of advertising e-mail. Just didn't expect this from ASO. I do look into some ASO sponsor ads. But this is not necessary.

By slowtech, in Member Feedback

• 14 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors