Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Favorite Barbecue?

I thought I would really switch gears today and ask; What's your favorite BBQ. I have two Weber grills and I love summer time and BBQ. My Weber charcoal grill is my favorite. It's a lot more work and you have to wait for the charcoal to get to the right temperature, but for me you can't beat the flavor of charcoaled steaks, hot dogs and burgers. Later today I am trying for the first time those wood planks and will be cooking salmon.

I am down to a smoker and 1 coal grill. Gas wore out and didn't replace it YET. I will smoke 15-20 pound of ribs(3 slabs St Louis style) and 10-12 pounds of chicken, most of the time. Coal grill will get the poppers, roastnears, burgers and dogs. Gas gets the 3 meat/4 veggie kabobs. Last cook-out ( Did CHRISTmas dinner) was 3 slabs of ribs with my home made dry rub (mopped the last 20 minutes), 40 cream- cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped poppers, 20 roastnears, 4 pound homemade coleslaw, 5 pound of burgers, 2 packs of dogs and baked beans. 8 adults, 4 children and no left overs! YEA BABY!!! Whos da grill master!!

I am down to a smoker and 1 coal grill. Gas wore out and didn't replace it YET. I will smoke 15-20 pound of ribs(3 slabs St Louis style) and 10-12 pounds of chicken, most of the time. Coal grill will get the poppers, roastnears, burgers and dogs. Gas gets the 3 meat/4 veggie kabobs. Last cook-out ( Did CHRISTmas dinner) was 3 slabs of ribs with my home made dry rub (mopped the last 20 minutes), 40 cream- cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped poppers, 20 roastnears, 4 pound homemade coleslaw, 5 pound of burgers, 2 packs of dogs and baked beans. 8 adults, 4 children and no left overs! YEA BABY!!! Whos da grill master!!

Jeff, you are making me hungry. Am I invited?

I usually do a cook-out on Memorial day but it was cancelled due to out of town guest that don't like BBQ. I am hoping to get one done in the next few weeks. Been to long since I had ribs and poppers! I can let ya'all know if ya wanna fly in! ;)