You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Knoxville Super Carwash Business And Property For Sale

Great location. Big Property Busy! More details available upon request, contact seller below for more information. View the full article

By AutoShopOwner, in Automotive Business Opportunities

• 0 replies
    • ASA V.P. Tony Molla paints optimist future at ASA of PA Super Saturday

This past Saturday, October 3, was the ASA of Pennsylvania’s Super Saturday Event. I had the chance to attend the key note breakfast meeting. Tony Molla, longtime industry veteran and Vice President of ASA (Automotive Service Association), gave the Key Note Speech. Tony projected an optimistic future, with big changes to come in the next decade. Here are a few highlights of his speech: · The internal combustion engine will be the main power plant well into the future · The average age of cars built today will still be on the roads 10 to 15 years from now, which means for the most part, there is a lot of potential work for the aftermarket · The auto industry will continue to build and develop more Hybrids, electric cars, increase diesel engines and experiment with hydrogen cars. Although the internal combustion engine will dominate for the next few decades · New technology and sophisticated electronics will increase and will be a main factor in new car models · The need to understand the Y-Generation is important for our future success · Training will become more important than ever, to keep pace with technology · Customers will become more educated, which means we need to become better at understanding the needs of the consumer and learn how to market to them · The aftermarket independent shops continue to dominate the auto service and repair landscape and is still the first choice by the motoring public · Value and trust ranks higher in all consumer surveys over price · Becoming involved with your local community will become a key part of your overall marketing strategy to attract the right kind of customer · Becoming involved with Auto Part Company Programs, such NAPA Car Care and CARQUEST/Advance TECH NET should be considered. Partnering up with National Brands can be a viable way to remain competitive in the future   Tony Molla also may it a point to say that the auto aftermarket must put aside any differences it has and work together. He went on to say that we all need to get involved with the industry, attend trade shows and keep up to date with what’s going on in the auto industry.

By Joe Marconi, in AutoShopOwner Announcements

• 0 replies
    • Customer raises his voice, So I raise mine!

As I walked in the customer waiting room, I witnessed a customer yelling at one of my service advisors. Being a professional, she kept silent and let the man vent. He was complaining that the brakes we just installed were squealing and that this was unacceptable and wanted an answer to WHY this happened.   I stood back for a minute and usually do not get into the middle. It is better to let the advisor handle the situation. But this was different. As is voice increased in volume, my patience diminished.   Finally, I stepped in, and with my voice raised a few decibels, said, "Sir, why do you feel the need to yell. We are talking about a brake squeal. This is not a problem. A problem is when you are laying in a hospital bed with tubes down your throat and hooked up to life support. Put things into perspective. Just let me know when I can look at the brakes."   His entire mood changed. He said, "Yes, I guess you are right. I will check my schedule and get back to you."   I don't know if he will come back or not. But, in this situation, it was more important to let my service advisor feel that I had her back.

By Joe Marconi, in The Customer Experience

• 2 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors