Quantcast

What Makes a Good Parts Company?

My choice is either Advance auto Parts or Oreilly Auto parts. Nearest Carquest is over 20 miles away and the napa is about 10 miles. The Oreilly's has been the best to me. The relationship goes a long way to cover any problems and since I spend more money at that store than anyone else, it also gives a few advantages.

• 4 weeks later...

They all have their moments with quality,and service is definitely important. Most of the suppliers in my area are great to work with, but ultimately it comes down to inventory. I need them to have what I need in stock, or be able to get it quickly. The best prices and service in the world don't help if they don't have what I need when I need it.

We're a Napa Auto Care center, and use mostly NAPA parts, but we also deal with O'Reilly's, Advance, and Autozone.

There are a lot of part suppliers out, and I have been around the block for more years than I care to admit. For me, it’s about service and relationships. We all get frustrated from time to time about part quality, deliveries, pricing, etc. In the end I want to know that I have someone I can talk to, one on one, to help with key issues. In my area, no other parts company qualifies under this criteria than CARQUEST. They do deliver (sorry for the pun).

I would like to know what other shop owners value from their suppliers.

I would have to say our top supplier is worldpac, best parts , delivery , price , quality etc.. second would be parts authority . napa and carquest tied for third, sorry but dont see much in high quality from those 2 , dont care about price at all, quality matters most. want to do job 1 time only!!

jeff