Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Sucess With Insurnace Adjuster!

We had a customer drive thru a flooded road during the last storm. For some odd reason the A/C compressor was damaged, it sits real low on this Mercedes. The adjuster arrived, wrote up the estimate, gave me his "comparable" price estimate for the part and "his" labor for the job. I told him, "Sir, you can write what ever you like, but the truth is I an not Monty Hall and this ain't Let's Make a Deal. Here's my estimate and here's the price I am going to get, either from you or the customer". He told me I could not call the customer. I reminded him that the last time I looked, this was still America and that I am the owner of my business, not the insurance company.

After a few dirty looks and a few muffeled words under his breath, he agreed to my price.

We all need to stand strong. I know it's a lot different for body shops, but the more repair shops takes this position, maybe we can help us all get what we deserve!

We had a customer drive thru a flooded road during the last storm. For some odd reason the A/C compressor was damaged, it sits real low on this Mercedes. The adjuster arrived, wrote up the estimate, gave me his "comparable" price estimate for the part and "his" labor for the job. I told him, "Sir, you can write what ever you like, but the truth is I an not Monty Hall and this ain't Let's Make a Deal. Here's my estimate and here's the price I am going to get, either from you or the customer". He told me I could not call the customer. I reminded him that the last time I looked, this was still America and that I am the owner of my business, not the insurance company.

After a few dirty looks and a few muffeled words under his breath, he agreed to my price.

We all need to stand strong. I know it's a lot different for body shops, but the more repair shops takes this position, maybe we can help us all get what we deserve!

Way to go Joe!

I don't do a lot of body work, but when I need to call an adjuster I prepare myself for the battle. Why do they dictate to me what I can charge for labor and limit my part sales to the list price. There is no law that I have to charge list. I charge what I charge to compete and to turn a profit. It's my business, I don't want the insurance company telling me what I have to charge.