Quantcast

Flash Sale + Social Proof

MattW

Hi everyone. Found the site while Googling for information on parts markup, and have found some great information here, so I decided to register and hopefully contribute some.

That said, my name is Matt and I own Matt's Automotive in Douglasville/Whitesburg, GA. Nice to meet everyone.

Hi everyone. Found the site while Googling for information on parts markup, and have found some great information here, so I decided to register and hopefully contribute some.

That said, my name is Matt and I own Matt's Automotive in Douglasville/Whitesburg, GA. Nice to meet everyone.

Hey Matt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Daniel Griffith, Wally's Precision Auto Care, Las Vegas, NV
      Key Talking Points
      Finding, identifying, and connecting with the ideal customer and naming them (Jennifer and Clara)- what books are they reading? Who are they following on social media? What are their expectations?  Build out each phase of the customer experience process, and look at the highs and lows What parts of the process are easy and what parts are hard? Simplify that down as much as possible If something's not working, change it. It's that simple Hiring new employees- asked his current employees what they like about their job, then used their words on the job descriptions “Culture eats strategies for breakfast.” The average tenure of his current team is over 12 years  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      Having been a shop owner for 41 years, I have lived through many economic swings, both good and bad.  I can tell you that increases in prices, from gas to food to new car prices, can prove to be a good thing for auto repair shops. 
      People tend to tighten their belts during tough economic times, but also understand that they need their cars in the best shape they can be to save on fuel and save on costly breakdowns. 
      How can you help your customers save on fuel costs and focus on preventive maintenance?  
    • By Joe Marconi
      October 4 - October 6, 2022
      Fly with the Eagles
      The Industry’s Most Powerful Shop Management Course
      This is a 3-day course, with each day devoted to a new topic, but you have the option to pick and choose the days you’d like to attend.
      October 4th-6th, 7:30am – 5:00pm EST                                                                                            
      After attending this comprehensive course for shop owners you will be able to
      Improve your skills in time management, leadership, and goal setting Fully understand your shop’s financials and key performance indicators Find and hire superstar service advisors and technicians Turn your existing employees into self-motivated superstars Fill your bays with the right kind of customers through new marketing programs Utilize your step-by-step Action Plan to ensure your ongoing success This AMI-accredited course has one objective: to help you create a more profitable, successful business! Bob Cooper built this course from the ground up based on his own success as a shop owner and his experience in helping thousands of other shop owners go right to the top.
      This series is now presented by Joe Marconi and Kevin Vaught, who have both experienced extraordinary success as shop owners as well, so it’s no surprise that Fly With the Eagles II is heralded by many industry leaders as the most powerful shop management series available to shop owners and general managers.
      To learn more and to register: https://eliteworldwide.com/event/fly-with-the-eagles/

• By Joe Marconi
      With so many different models on the roads these days and the challenges of obtaining all the necessary training, tools, and technical information, should auto repair shops consider narrowing their focus on fewer makes and models?  
      Is "All Makes, All Models" really achievable today? 

• Heavy Duty Parts Fleetcross
    • By carmcapriotto
      How do we prepare for the future? In this episode listen to the insights from the perspective of a shop owner, technician, instructor, COO, and trainer. Times have changed, so how do we get the younger generation passionate about our industry and our high-tech vehicles? What does the future of ADAS and electric vehicles mean to the aftermarket?

Sam Craven, The Garagisti, Houston, TX. Listen to Sam's previous episodes HERE
      Jake Sorensen, 2019 NAPA ASE Technician of the Year and 2019 Ratchet + Wrench All-Star technician of the year. Shop manager and diagnostic technician at McNeil’s Auto Care in Sandy, UT Listen to Jake’s previous episodes HERE
      Bill Weaver, NAPA Auto Care Trainer
      John Gardner, ASE Master Certified Technician & Instructor at Chipola College and is a Television Host on the popular shows Tech Garage & Motorhead Garage.
      Jack Curran, G & C Tire and Auto Service, two locations, Chantilly and Manassas, VA. Listen to Jack’s previous episode HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Shops will have to start raising their own entry-level tech…. Shadowing and Mentoring will have to become part of the training program You must have a relationship with your local schools “You can't build on sand, you need a foundation” be safe and have integrity with the vehicle. Cleaning bathroom, cleaning the floors etc How do you get people to fall in love with cars and the process of automotive repair? Less passion for ‘cars’ but they want to learn and be without debt. It’s about relationships and people.  From fuel injection to ABS. VVT, turbo, and stability control to ADAS technology has always advanced. Can we learn from recent past experiences to prepare (when to purchase equipment, train our people, market to the public) Keep up to date- what you “know” or have heard in the past may not be true today. All vehicles have a static calibration process performed when they are manufactured, which will not change. Dynamic creates a liability concern since vehicles need to be driven when the ADAS systems are not calibrated. Dynamic calibration can be difficult with weather, and road conditions.  
      Connect with the Podcast

Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:
      More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Our Sponsors