Quantcast

Frustrated because your employees don’t have that “Sense of Urgency”?

Funny you should mention this Joe. I've had times when I walk through the shop, everybody is busy... I walk through to the front office... but, then I turn around because I forgot something... and as soon as I open the door.... they've disappeared.... where the he$$ did they go??? happens all the time... LOL

Frustrated because your employees don't have that "Sense of Urgency"?

Many of our employee frustrations are sometimes the result of not communicating with them in times of crisis. We somehow expect our employees to magically know what needs to be done and we get frustrated by their lack of sense of urgency.

For example, it's Friday morning and you're concerned that the cars that were promised by the weekend, may not get done. You see your techs walking out to the tool truck minutes after they had a coffee break and your blood pressure begins to creep into the unsafe zone.

When a crisis is at hand, gather your people together and let them know the situation. Ask them for suggestions on how to get the work done. You may be surprised by their reaction when you include them in on the circumstances. Doing this will also help you cope and maintain morale.

:) as they say... you don't like the heat in the kitchen... get out of the kitchen.... my bad... I kinda like the heat, too bad some employees still think it's cooler on those air conditioned tool trucks and the back office... LOL Have a great day buddy...! !

That reminds me of a Stephen King Story...or was it Twilight Zone? Either way, it's the life we live each day, right?