Quantcast

Cell Phone Use, Revisited

Let me play devil’s advocate today. Cell phone use has become a way of life. The cell phone has become an extension of our daily lives and how we conduct business. It’s how we maintain contact with our family, friends and business associates. We all get regular messages, updates, and emails thru our cell phones.

Take someone like me for example; I am not only a shop owner, but cofounder of ASO, business coach for Elite and involved with many local organizations. My cell phone is always with me, it has to be.

What I am trying to say is that we need to look at what demands and rules we set for the people in our companies. I don’t have all the answers, but I don’t’ want to be that boss that says one thing and does another.

Let me know what you think…..

I have a new employee that I hired about a month ago and one of the first things I made clear as I always do was no cell phone use during working hours. He has been great with it so far and only uses it at lunch break. I do have to admit that when mine rings and I have to answer it I do feel like a hypocrite but I do have people that contact me for business on my cell phone because I am always out and about and need to have a way for people to reach me for business. The problem has been if it is allowed it's not long before it is abused and out of hand. I don't know what the answer is, its a tough call and I'm sure it depends on the individual that you are dealing with.....