Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Yes Mrs. Customer, We Can Work On Your New Car

Yes Mrs. Customer, We Can Work On Your New Car

Many of your customers may mistakenly believe that they need to bring their new car back to the car dealer for routine services under the warranty period. We know this is not true and we need to educate our customers of this fact. Smart sales people often mislead consumers in order to get them to return to the dealer for routine services.

You need to promote the fact that your customers do not have to return to the dealership with their new car for basic services and repairs. Talk with all customers who have vehicles under 3 years old and inform that bringing the car to you will not in any way affect their new-car warranty. If your management program has the capability, perform a search of your customer data base and find those you have not seen in a while. They may have purchased a new car recently and may be bringing their new car to the dealer. You need to contact these people. Also, let your customers know that you have access to all the same service information the dealer has.

Dealerships want to increase their market share and are willing to fight to attract your customers. Start an action plan today to maintain your customers. As we see new car sales begin to increase, this becomes even more important.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Customer's buying their own parts

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and was looking for this subject but couldn't find it. Sorry If I'm posted something that's already been discussed. I own a brake shop in Austin, TX. We do anywhere from 10-20 brake jobs a day. We only do brakes so I don't know how much full service auto shops deal with this problem but... Customers are constantly calling in claiming they've bought the best parts or they want to provide their own parts because they've done research and know what is best. This drives me crazy. First of all they don't know whats best. Then after being told no they get offended and act like tons of shops allow this. What is the best way to handle these customers? Just send them away? I'll quote them a price using our parts and they act as though its a rip off. What shops are doing this for their customers? I feel like I'm letting jobs get away from me. Any experience with this?

By Jonathan Ganther, in General Automotive Discussion

• 78 replies
    • Shop Warranty policy

Hi all, I was wondering where do you typically display your shop warranty policies? Sign posted in office, at the bottom of the invoice, bottom of signed work order, on your website?   What do you recommend?   Thanks,   Nick 

By CAautogroup, in General Automotive Discussion

• 9 replies
    • Additional Services?

My shop is in a very rural area in South Carolina.  We are mainly a new tire dealer and we have been here for over 40 years.  We repair and replace everything from hand truck tires all the way up to large radial rear tractor tires.  We do alignments, brakes, front end suspension work, batteries, and oil changes.  We have been successful at what we do, but I see the effects of the internet and additional competition from car dealers, big box, etc. on tires and rims.   I took over from my dad about 3 years ago and I added oil changes and focused more on the alignment and front end suspension work, which has been great.  I have a great alignment and suspension guy.  My background is more finance and the business side of things as opposed to the mechanical side of things. I would like to get into doing more for our customers.  I want to get some opinions on what types of services we should offer, and how I can find a decent general maintenance tech.  I don't think that we should jump full on into engine and transmission work, but I could see doing things like master cylinders, ac work, fuel filters, general maintenance, etc.    I am going to have a pretty steep learning curve on this, so any pointers you guys could provide will be appreciated.  

By Hammer, in Auto Repair Shop Management Help? Post Here!

• 4 replies
    • GM Dealer Parts Warranty??? What Would You Do???

Is there a way to get GM to pay labor warranty? I have a customer's 2005 Chevrolet SSR 6.0L Automatic. Oil pan threads were stripped and we got a new oil pan from local Chevrolet dealer (very pricey) and labor intensive. When I got the oil pan new in the box, it had metal shavings from the casting marks to which we cleaned out and it was fine. We installed the oil pan and after putting some mileage on it, we noticed oil on the ground. After lifting it up we discovered that the oil pan has factory casting marks and oil was literally seeping through the bottom of the pan through the casting mark. The tech is not happy, I am not happy and I'm about to call the customer to tell them the news so they won't be happy paying for more rental car time. I called the parts department from the dealer that I purchased from and told them what happened and they can exchange the pan but they don't pay labor. Very frustrating cause of the labor involved and the customer who had a rental car for about a week now and already turned it in today thinking she was getting her car? Is there a way to get labor reimbursement? I already tried the GM 800 number and filed a complaint and they said it would be about 2 business days or whatever before I get a call back from a rep. Does anybody know how to find a local GM rep to come see their crappy product? Joseph

By [email protected], in Automotive Products & Services

• 0 replies
    • [BAD NEWS] Think Your Customers actually TRUST You?

Yes, I was shocked - and you will be too! The most current report from AAA reveals critical information that YOU need to know. 
      Hope this helps!
      Matthew Lee
      "The Car Count Fixer"
      Grow your Car Count, Income and Profits!

By JustTheBest, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 0 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors