Quantcast

Online Group Discount Programs Guarantee New Customers

• 2 weeks later...

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

Interesting article, the world of arvertising is changing and headed into new terrotories. I guess, we need to consider these new forms of attracting new customers. My only issue, which was mentioned in the article, is the loyalty aspect. Are consumer being too conidtioned to look for "good deals". We all know that a "good deal" does not always equate with the "best deal".

True Joe, a "good deal" looker isn't a loyal customer at all. They can be turned into a loyal customer, but don't start out that way. Not only that, but you end up with less than 1/4 the actual cost of the service. The deal has to be for at least half-off and Groupon takes half of the sales price; $29.95 oil change costs the Groupon customer $14.90 or less, you get $7.45 or less. Definitely a loss leader, but as it says "no upfront costs". The costs are all on the back-end.

True Joe, a "good deal" looker isn't a loyal customer at all. They can be turned into a loyal customer, but don't start out that way. Not only that, but you end up with less than 1/4 the actual cost of the service. The deal has to be for at least half-off and Groupon takes half of the sales price; $29.95 oil change costs the Groupon customer $14.90 or less, you get $7.45 or less. Definitely a loss leader, but as it says "no upfront costs". The costs are all on the back-end.

Do you think we are conditioning people to always look for the best deal in terms of money? There was a time when "quailty", not price, meant something to a lot of people. Now, I see more and more people focus on price alone.

Thoughts???

• 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Guest host and shop tour with Jae Malinowski, Faithfull Tirecraft, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Jae's shop has 5 shipping containers of customer tires. Find out why tires are an important part of his business.

Jae Malinowski, Faithfull Tirecraft, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Listen to Jae’s previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Rebranding business, knowing who your customer is, and having a customer avatar Moving during COVID-19, leasing the current building Book recommendation Stolen Focus by Johann Hari- learn how to listen better, focus on the task at hand Tire storage- appointments twice a year 8k for a shipping container, Jae will cap at 6 containers on location.   
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      How often do you have an outside perspective on your business to offer improvement ideas? What about 35 outside perspectives? Last month Brian Weeks hosted a team of shop owners from his peer group, from around the country, to dig deep into his business. Keep listening to find out what helpful tips and insights they offered and what they learned from each other.

Brian Weeks, ATC Auto Center, Augusta, GA. Listen to Brian's previous episodes HERE
      Craig Noel, Sun Automotive, Springfield, OR. Listen to Craig's previous episodes HERE
      Gary Pontious Jr, Toledo Auto Care, Toledo, OH. Listen to Gary's previous episodes HERE
      Brett Beachler, Beachler's Vehicle Care & Repair, Peoria, IL. Listen to Brett's previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      A few months prior to the meeting Brian opened his books to a small “Advanced Team” (marketing, processes, culture, ROs) “Advanced Team” observed for a full day. The second day is implementation and meetings with everyone involved. People are assigned ‘tasks’ (facility, management system etc).  Accountability groups for areas that need to be focused on- continual process based on needs Coming to help, not to make you feel bad Shows the opportunity Don't think you are on an island and doing a good job- build the bridges and have your iron sharpened with the help of others Your competitor is the person that is better than you Family culture is a testament to Brian’s leadership The networking during the dinners, lunches, breaks is just as important as the meetings The exposure of your weaknesses/opportunities of your leadership/procedures. Then your ability to grow from it. Always walk away learning something  
      Connect with the Podcast

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:
      More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com

See how Broadly can help YOU grow your auto shop. getbroadly.com/chat

• By carmcapriotto
      Do you have a clear procedure for new customers and a commitment to providing an outstanding customer experience? Kevin Vaught from Elite Worldwide shares simple ways to WOW your new customers and reduce their anxiety.
      Kevin Vaught, Elite Worldwide Business Development Coach, former multi-shop owner. Find Kevin’s previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Elite Invitational - open to everyone What are your SOPs for customer experience  Reduces the customer’s anxiety- customers don't know your process, what to expect, what was found, what it will cost etc  Extended orientation for new customers- set the expectations, ask them to come a little early, let customers get to know the staff as real people, follow through with the set expectations  Consider having a handout to customers with your staff’s bio  The industry did a top-notch job communicating to their customers how they were being safe and sanitizing during COVID-19- the same needs to be done for exceptional customer service Boast about the investment you continue to make with your people  When organizations in all industries were asked to score the quality of their customer service experience, 80% scored it excellent or superior. When that same question was asked to the consumer, 8%t felt they were getting a superior customer experience. Buy name tags for your service advisors Are you in the transaction business or the relationship business? “One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain”  

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

• By Theta
      New guy here, looking into opening a new repair shop. Been in the industry for 15 years as a tech/manager.
      I am looking into a new building/ piece of land to have a shop built on at hard signaled corner with 50K per day traffic count in an affluent neighborhood, over 40K households in a 3 mile radius with average income of $125K per year. Not any high end modern repair shops a 5 mile radius other than a few standard dealerships. Location is really great, or so it seems.
      I am pricing out rent/mortgage to be between $36 and $50/sq ft for this shop. Proposed to be 7500 to 10,000 sq ft. The shop/brand we be marketed as an alternative to the luxury dealership, higher end with modern amenities compared to the normal 30 year old never updated repair shop and cater to the performance car community as well.
      Plan is to have 4-6 techs with 1-2 writers. I have run numbers through a P&L statement and if the techs produce 8-10 hours per day the numbers work to pay the bills and make a 15-20% net profit.
      My question is, is my rent too much? Depending on my labor rate and hours billed, my rent expense is between 15% and 20% of gross revenue. I know I have read and heard that auto repair should be closer to 5-10% but I know that location can affect this greatly along with many other factors.  I know that the number work in my spreadsheet but I want some real world opinions if possible. Maybe someone is in a location or situation like mine and it is working great or maybe it isn't.
      Let me have it!
    • Grammarly Writing Support
    • By carmcapriotto
      The phone call from a customer is always the beginning of the relationship. Are you tracking, measuring and holding your service advisor accountable for every phone call that comes into your business? What is your phone SOP? Do you have a conversion rate for phone opportunities? I’m with Stan Stokes, founder of Iron Fist Consultants, who has created the next level of measurement for service advisors.
      Stan Stokes, Founder & CEO of Iron Fist Marketing Consultants
      Key Talking Points
      Do you have the right person answering the phone? Do you understand the communication that's taken place between your staff and the customer? How do we measure that? The phone is the beginning of the relationship,  Iron Fist spent the last six years analyzing half a million phone calls in the automotive industry The majority of people start the search for auto repair near me on some type of device and 60% of all searches end up with a phone call.  Why did the customer choose you? If they didn't, how does that impact revenue? How does that impact return on investment? How do you measure and how do you improve?  A consumer either has a planned or an unplanned service need   Lead to customer conversion rate- if you take the total number of phone calls, which are leads and you divide that by the number of customers that arrived at the center, then you have a lead to customer conversion rate. Last year, Iron Fist, estimated that the industry has an average of less than 30% lead to customer conversion.  If they didn't book an appointment, do you have the knowledge to say where in the conversation could have been redirected to change the outcome to a booked appointment? The consumer very seldom will ask you, how are you going to fix my car? They ask you, can you fix my car? And when can you fix my car? And we misinterpret why and how Many shops don't have an SOP for guest experience on the phone call.  Compliance measurement for service advisors- Did you discuss the value of the business? Did you say your name? Did you say company name? Did you confirm the appointment/directions? When we measure booked appointment conversion rates, we find that the show rate goes up exponentially. Full circle- measure the call, book the appointment, is that appointment showing, what was the revenue made from it?  

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners:

Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever.

More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

• Our Sponsors

Shop AutoPartsToys.com for all Your Car, Truck and SUV Accessories at Direct Factory Warehouse Pricing

Shop AutoPartsToys.com for all Your Car, Truck and SUV Accessories at Direct Factory Warehouse Pricing