Quantcast

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Brakes

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD

Something is causing front brakes to heat up. Replaced calipers, hoses, pads and rotors. Very strange. Has anyone ever seen a master or ABS hydraulic unit cause brakes to drag? Thats the only thing I can think of is that they are slightly dragging.

Edited by G Armando

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD

Something is causing front brakes to heat up. Replaced calipers, hoses, pads and rotors. Very strange. Has anyone ever seen a master or ABS hydraulic unit cause brakes to drag? Thats the only thing I can think of is that they are slightly dragging.

do you have a driver that rests their foot on the brake pedal while driving?

are rear brakes working?

did this problem exist before changing all those parts?

lift the truck up - try to spin front tires - if all is ok pump brakes a few times and respin tires - do this with engine off and also running - if they dont feel like they're dragging at all under either condition i would start working my way farther up the system - i know for a fact these trucks have problems with the braking system - but mostly the complaints are warped rotors and worn pads - you may have a severe case of whatever this problem is - possibly may not even be a brake problem - maybe check front axles and hub bearings- oversize wheels and tires? and - did your parts supplier in fact give you the right parts? if all checks out good let me know.

it may sound strange - but pull the master cyl off the brake booster - measure the rod depth - then measure it again with the vehicle running - 170k maybe weak diaphragm? check front suspension also - are the shocks blown? may not be dragging but simply being over worked.

let me know how it turns out

I did find a rear adjuster that seemed frozen and rear brakes out of adjustment. They were adjusted last time according to my tech. Also what was driving me crazy was a pulsation. The pulsation ended up being rear drums needed cutting. The reason that I didnt think the pulsation was coming from the rear was because during a road test I had applied the E brake by itself and there was no pulsation. When I got the rear brakes adjusted tighter, the pulsation got worse so i cut the drums and everythings smooth now. Hopefully I wont see this again for a while. Thanks to all for your replies!

Edited by G Armando

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By carmcapriotto
      Participants 
      LeighAnne Best, Mighty Auto Pro, Medina OH – [email protected] Laura Frank, Auto Repair Technology, Brook Park, OH – [email protected] Chris Cozad - Alternative Auto Service, Columbus, OHLori and Sam Concelman, Glenshaw Auto Service, Glenshaw, PA Alan and Helen Yu - GIC Car Clinic, San Jose, CA Dr. Justin Johnson, Cleveland Clinic –  "Lead Researcher and Program Manager" Jimmy Lea, KUKUI  
      Key Points:

National Automotive Aftermarket Fundraiser for Breast Cancer Vaccine Research www.brakesforbreasts.com $1.4M collected so far Easy to bring on a vendor to help support this program Marketing materials are available on website to help get out the word Phase One clinical trial is ongoing Also working on an ovarian vaccine Every dollar goes to the lab at Cleveland Clinic directly - no overhead costs. NONE.  
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• By Joe Marconi
      The word OSHA makes many shop owners cringe. 
      I was lucky enough years back to have my insurance agent suggest I perform a voluntary OSHA inspection. A private company did it at the time.   
      They found tons of violations; some we knew would be flagged, but most we did not. 
      Have you ever had an OSHA inspection? And what can shop owners do to protect themselves? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      With all the different makes and models these days, and the complexity of modern vehicles, is it still possible to work on all makes and all models? To add to that, we now have to contend with electric cars. 
      Are we heading to more specialization? How do auto repair shops evolve their business model and their target customers? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Let's face it, we all need a certain income in order to pay bills and take care of our families. But when it comes to paying bonuses and incentives, money is not the only way to reward performance.  
      Other than money, what non-monetary bonuses or rewards do you give to your employees? 
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By carmcapriotto
      Nothing beats live in-person industry events. There is power in the collaborative minds from around the country in one room. The podcast attended the 2022 Elite Invitational in San Diego and we recorded some incredible stories with essential aftermarket voices. At the end of the conference, I had the idea to grab Jim Murphy, Gene Morrill, and Joe Marconi for a recap of the event and their perspectives on our industry. Keep listening, you have the best seat in the house right next to these 3 aftermarket icons.
      Gene Morrill, Certified Automotive in Glendora, CA. Business Development Coach with Elite Top Shop 360, Elite Worldwide. Gene’s previous episodes HERE
      Joe Marconi, Executive Council Member, Elite Worldwide. Joe’s Episodes HERE. Jim Murphy, Pro Service Leader, Elite Pro Service Program, Elite Worldwide. Jim's previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      Guiding, not telling what to do Takeaways- more young people attending, non Elite clients attending, finding your ideal customer (the 20%), customer base still referring to technicians as ‘mechanics’ The Bob Cooper Experience- presence and ethics Implementation is the key to acquiring knowledge Changing demographic with customers and employees Movement of shop owners coming from different careers Always move forward, be inspired, attend training, be focused on your employees, empower your employees to create customer experiences, brainstorm opportunities  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio

• Our Sponsors

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End