Quantcast

Offer a Free Oil Change to All New Car Buyers

About 5 years ago I started making notes on all customers who purchased a new car. I found that many were being offered free oil change or oil changes by the dealer. I did not want my customers to go back to the dealer, so I started my own “First Free Oil Change” for all new car purchases.

Letters go out to all customers that purchase a new car, congratulating them on their purchase, and a coupon for a complimentary first oil change service. I make it a point that he needs to be their first oil change. The letter also states that they do not have to go back to the dealer in order to maintain their new-car warranty, which we reinforce when they come into us for the oil change service.

This program has been very successful at getting customers to come to us after the new car purchase, instead of losing them to the dealer.

• 4 weeks later...

Start LLC for $0 at IncFile

Joe just gettin around to readin this. How do you get the new car owners address? What is the cost, if any, besides the lof and postage. Great idea, just need some particulars. Thanks, Jeff.

We offer this to our exsiting customers only-at this time. When a customer purchases a new car, we send a letter with the coupon offer. We also promote it in our marketing. We will have a tag line in our newsletter for example stating: "Purchase a new car lately? Ask about your free oil change!" We also have posters on the counter saying the same thing. After a while, your customers will know the program and keep YOU in mind when they buy a new car and let YOU know. It's a great way to keep them out of the dealer.

I am not sure if it would work with people we don't know, it may bring in people who are just looking for a freebie.