Quantcast

PLEASE HELP! TRACS NEW OWNER!

Hey guys I'm a new owner .I've been a tech all my life.I just opened I just got Napa Tracs .I'm very good at doing labor est by hand and I'mm getting better at looking the parts up.But I'm having a tough time learning Tracs.Having a tuogh time with small parts fluids clamps ect. I'm having a time looking up labor on a ticket when there are combinations,I,d like to put my own labor in quickly. I,m not sure why I still have purchase orders open.And I need to know how to put non Napa parts on a ticket on the fly.Do you print a job ticket out for the costomer to sign and ok some time in anvance?

Hey guys I'm a new owner .I've been a tech all my life.I just opened I just got Napa Tracs .I'm very good at doing labor est by hand and I'mm getting better at looking the parts up.But I'm having a tough time learning Tracs.Having a tuogh time with small parts fluids clamps ect. I'm having a time looking up labor on a ticket when there are combinations,I,d like to put my own labor in quickly. I,m not sure why I still have purchase orders open.And I need to know how to put non Napa parts on a ticket on the fly.Do you print a job ticket out for the costomer to sign and ok some time in anvance?

I know of the Tracs system but I am more familiar with Mitchell. Did you get any training on the program???? I know at first it will be a bit confusing and overwhelming, but in the long run it will pay off, trust me.

It sounds like you have issue you need to have your Napa rep handle. Maybe there is an ASO member that uses Tracs????

Sorry I could not have been more help.

I have been useing Napa Tracs for almost 10 years. I am happy to try to answer any questions you have and share how we do the things you are asking about. If you want to give me a call maybe we can walk through a few things over the phone.

Mike

Hal's Auto Care, Inc.

916-485-9215

I have been useing Napa Tracs for almost 10 years. I am happy to try to answer any questions you have and share how we do the things you are asking about. If you want to give me a call maybe we can walk through a few things over the phone.

Mike

Hal's Auto Care, Inc.

916-485-9215

Thanks I'm starting to get some of the questions answered by support.I'm starting to write cheat note to help remember.What I really need to know how what kind of mark up to program into it and how to do it.I can get help doing it monday but what would you sugest to be the markup formula.I have it at Napa list but I see the list is some far off made up price that is turning people away because the parts are too high I spending to much time analizing prices

Thanks I'm starting to get some of the questions answered by support.I'm starting to write cheat note to help remember.What I really need to know how what kind of mark up to program into it and how to do it.I can get help doing it monday but what would you sugest to be the markup formula.I have it at Napa list but I see the list is some far off made up price that is turning people away because the parts are too high I spending to much time analizing prices

We try to attain a 50% gross proffit margin on parts. TRACS has the ability to set pricing any way you want. We mark everything up from cost. You can create a matrix that marks lower cost items up a little higher & higher cost items a little lower. Overall we want 50% GP. You really need to know how much gross proffit dollars you need to cover your expenses and make a little proffit. That will determine what your mark up needs to be.

We try to attain a 50% gross proffit margin on parts. TRACS has the ability to set pricing any way you want. We mark everything up from cost. You can create a matrix that marks lower cost items up a little higher & higher cost items a little lower. Overall we want 50% GP. You really need to know how much gross proffit dollars you need to cover your expenses and make a little proffit. That will determine what your mark up needs to be.

I agree. Many of us can give you our matrix formula. I will do that if you like, just let me know. But it's more important to understand your break-even and overhead costs. Once you know these numbers you can start plugging in and tweaking your matrix.

50% GPM is what many people strive for, understanding that a matrix is a sliding scale. Lower cost part may list a 60-70%. While parts purchased at $400 may only be marked up at 20%. The concept is to get an overall balanced GP of 50%. (If that is the number you determine you need).

Hope this help. Please keep the questions coming. I don't know the Tracs system, so I really can't help you with setting up the program.

I agree. Many of us can give you our matrix formula. I will do that if you like, just let me know. But it's more important to understand your break-even and overhead costs. Once you know these numbers you can start plugging in and tweaking your matrix.

50% GPM is what many people strive for, understanding that a matrix is a sliding scale. Lower cost part may list a 60-70%. While parts purchased at $400 may only be marked up at 20%. The concept is to get an overall balanced GP of 50%. (If that is the number you determine you need).

Hope this help. Please keep the questions coming. I don't know the Tracs system, so I really can't help you with setting up the program.

Please that would be helpful I'm running in to a constant battle of what to charge for parts is bogging down the estimating process.I,m new its a old tight neighborhood I have AZ and Advanced within a block of me.Somtimes I think that Napa is cost is high but the list sometimes is real high it seems.I wonder is it a manufacture suggested price that no one is really going to pay.I want to make costomers as much as I like to make money and I want to be fair and I need a method that I can feel confedents to stand behind it and do it fast not have to fidget with every price and every RO .Please any and all advice is welcomed..I sighned up for Napa Care and I think the parts are pretty good so I'd like to work with that. Thanks Dave

Dave,

I have some ideas for you as I too am an Auto Care Center owner and have used Tracs for 7 years now and i am very happy with the product.

I am on vacation right now (OK guys, no bagging on me for being on here during vacation) but I will respond in depth when I get the time. In the meantime, at least do this, call your NAPA store and ask them to set your list price on all lines at 50% profit margin in their TAMS system. This will get you much closer to your goal and when you update an estimate the newly set list prices will apply.

Hope this helps

Curt

Below is my matrix. BUT, I need to emphazize, these are my numbers and what works for me. Plus this is a guide for general parts. It really does not apply to those invnetory parts that are fast movers, such as wipers, air filter, cabin filters, headlights, oil filters, belts, batteries and other quick movers. For fast movers I price at a competetive price beacuase I want to make it a no-brainer upsell when I have the car in for regular service.

Again, pricing takes a lot into account. I have said this before but it is worth repeating. There is a delicate balance between being competive and profitable…too high priced and you wont’t sell, too low priced and you’ll be out of business.

Let me know how you make out.

I also think Curt can help you, he uses the Napa system.

From ------------- Profit Margin

$0.01 to $3.00 --- --- 76.10%

$3.01 to $9.00 --- --- 71.45%

$9.01 to $15.00 --- --- 69.20%

$15.01 to $20.00 --- --- 63.65%

$20.01 to $30.00 --- --- 60.00%

$30.01 to $100.00 --- --- 53.00%

$100.00 to $275.00 --- --- 45.95%

$275.00 to $400.00 --- --- 33.33%

$400 on up --- --- 20.00%