Quantcast

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

Community Involvement will help grow your business

Part of your advertising and marketing program needs to incorporate community involvement, whether it’s with local business groups, church functions, the local chamber of commerce or other local organizations. The community needs to know who you are what you offer. Make it a point to network with business people to help promote local business and show that your support the people in your local area.

Remember, people like to know who they are doing business with, knowing who you are will help drive people to your door.

Part of your advertising and marketing program needs to incorporate community involvement, whether it’s with local business groups, church functions, the local chamber of commerce or other local organizations. The community needs to know who you are what you offer. Make it a point to network with business people to help promote local business and show that your support the people in your local area.

Remember, people like to know who they are doing business with, knowing who you are will help drive people to your door.

I have joined in with a local food bank and it has been AWESOME!

We have a great relationship with them and my employee's jump

at any opportunity to volunteer or help. It's really brought the shop

together. We also help maintain the vehicle from the foodbank

which helps lower their cost.

The customers have contributed in all kinds of ways from food,

to their change, to actually volunteering wiht us.

I'm so proud of this it brings us great pleasure to help our community!

I have joined in with a local food bank and it has been AWESOME!

We have a great relationship with them and my employee's jump

at any opportunity to volunteer or help. It's really brought the shop

together. We also help maintain the vehicle from the foodbank

which helps lower their cost.

The customers have contributed in all kinds of ways from food,

to their change, to actually volunteering wiht us.

I'm so proud of this it brings us great pleasure to help our community!

The food bank program is a great thing to get involved with. You should be proud. Shop owners need to realize how vital it is to their business to get involved with the community. When people see you outside the shop environment, it makes a difference.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Eric Roberts
      Firstly let me say that I an just a regular guy from the UK who is the owner of a seven bay service centre/garage. I am not a financial expert. The dreaded inflation is upon us again. For the guys as old as me then this is nothing new. Back in the 70,s we had 15% inflation, but we all got by and lived for better trading days. Here in the UK we have always looked up to the USA because of your business prowess. So what do you guys look out as your worst enemy!
      When prices are going up then I find that the gap opens between rich and the poor's disposable income. So this question will effect garage owners in different areas. My garage is in a poor area with many immigrant families who drive cars. So this means we have to be more flexible with pricing. Finding out if your customer can afford that service ! For this reason we devised a three tier service pricing structure. This has also the effect of not loosing your profit margins. 
      The lowest price should include an oil and filter change and a general vehicle check over. This way we find the customer will perhaps be able to afford a service and your profit margins wont drop. This is just one small idea that we carry out! What do you guys do in these times of high inflation ? 
    • By Joe Marconi
      Most communities have a variety of repair shops, dealerships, and franchise models.  Do you consider them the competition, or colleagues?
      Do you think it's worth it to get to know other auto businesses in your community?  To share and exchange business ideas and strategies?

• By Joe Marconi
      There seem to be mixed opinions on what Business System is the best. And also, not all business systems fit a particular repair shop model.
      There are a lot of new players in the past few years: Auto Leap, Protractor, Teckmetrics, Shop Boss, Shop Monkey, and more.
      Are you happy with your system?  What features are important to you? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      Did you know that 70% of change initiatives with new programs/systems will fail due to a lack of leadership commitment?  I want to focus on mentor/mentee and apprenticeship programs, which are most critical to our industry’s survival.  You can lose your way without processes, procedures, and accountability to mold your apprentice into your shop. Too much talk and not enough action is the breakdown.  Luckily for you, my guest, Marc Brune, has a program focused on helping businesses develop entry-level technician mentoring programs with the tech shortage in mind.  Marc Brune, Business Development Manager, mentormentee.com  Key Talking Points
      3 key people- manager, mentor, mentee People are looking for a plan and someone to help along the path Preparing for business before entry-level candidate comes on board- do you have the right culture for a positive mentor-mentee atmosphere? Who will be the best person to step in (manager) and mentor (can multitask) Mentor- teaches not only automotive but also speaks the culture of the shop  Mentoring vs. teaching- teaching is 1-way street, and mentoring is a 2-way street Assessment- 15 different categories, ranked in order of importance Educate- set expectations for each role Execution- have mentee and plan Plan- having a repeatable plan  Online course specific for each role- 3 hours each Facilitating growth- offers ASE task lists used in ASE accredited program Soft skills- customers are a part of your business Setting goals- mentor and mentee can set specific goals with dates and be able to adjust   Recruit- “the important things are never urgent, and the urgent things are never important.” Have the recruiting mindset.    Execute- daily on the job training plan for mentees and track progress Analyze and reward- get the data flowing on how the mentor/mentee progressing. Build incentives for growth with both mentor/mentee. Don’t let your mentors go red in their pay. mentormentee.com 
      Connect with the Podcast: Aftermarket Radio Network Subscribe on YouTube Visit us on the Web Follow on Facebook Become an Insider Buy me a coffee Important Books Check out today's partners: Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX - Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR. Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By Joe Marconi
      Here is an excerpt from a report from Lang Marketing:  Read and enjoy! 
      Six Major Takeaways
      Lang Marketing expects that new car and light truck volume will remain in low gear from 2020 through 2023 compared to the previous four years (2016 through 2019).  Lower new vehicle annual volume will trigger five significant aftermarket changes that will boost the volume of aftermarket products from 2022 through 2030. By increasing used vehicle prices and shifting miles to older vehicles, lower new vehicle sales will boost aftermarket product volume through 2030. An increase in the average age of vehicles and more older vehicles on the road, both resulting from lower new vehicle sales, will provide a tailwind for aftermarket product growth. Although there will be fewer vehicles in the repair-age sweet-spot between 2026 and 2030, this will create a mileage shift to older vehicles and an increase in the upper age boundary of the repair-age sweet-spot, which will be positive for aftermarket product growth Lower new vehicle sales will slow the growth of Electric Vehicles on the road, increasing the use of ICE vehicles and pumping up their aftermarket product volume. Source: 
      Lang Marketing Resources, Automotive Aftermarket Consulting, Research and Analysis  

• Our Sponsors

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End