Quantcast

Robbers Kill Vegas Tire Dealership Employee

Ironic this should come up now. New years eve day I was greeted at the shop by the absence of a front door when I arrived at 6:30 in the morning. It had been literally kicked from the casing. This is the first time in the 20 years we have been alarmed that we had a break in. We had a new phone system installed in June and they neglected to hook our alarm back into the new phone system so the police were not notified. Loss was minimal as the audible alarm scared them off after 45 seconds. During the police report they told me that these quick smash and grabs are a lot more common. New front door will be steel with hurricane glass. We are also installing web based security cams that can record 1 year at a time. This is not for break in protection but for intereior surveillance. An acquaintance has these cams and they help exonerate him on a false abuse charge.

• 5 months later...

Thieves Steal 500-lb. Engine from Parts Store

Sorry...

I've been broke into too. It was years ago... many years ago. I've gone to a monitored alarm system and every employee gets their own security code... which is erased when they leave. They theives only wanted the safe... they left all the tools and computers.

Not to change the subject but I've had employees that stole from me also... caught him red handed... He was one of my interns and I brought it up to his parents. Oh, of course, the story was, "My boy would never steal anything." Yea right, ...

• 1 month later...