Quantcast

general heavy-duty 728x90

general heavy-duty 468x60

general heavy-duty 250x250

The Health Bill Passes the House

Now that the Health Bill has passed the House, I can only see tougher times ahead. What scares me is that the numbers don’t add up to what the government is telling us.

Plus, has anyone really read the 2,000 pages of the health bill? And, to say that the Health Bill will be made available on the Web for 72 hours for anyone to read is a joke. I don’t think Super Man can read that fast. Why 2,000 pages?? How many pages is the Declaration of Independence? The U.S. Constitution only consists of 6 pages!!! And that includes the Bill of Rights! Are the inmates running the asylum?

Someone tell me on wrong on this one. For once I rather be way off base.

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

Now that the Health Bill has passed the House, I can only see tougher times ahead. What scares me is that the numbers don’t add up to what the government is telling us.

Plus, has anyone really read the 2,000 pages of the health bill? And, to say that the Health Bill will be made available on the Web for 72 hours for anyone to read is a joke. I don’t think Super Man can read that fast. Why 2,000 pages?? How many pages is the Declaration of Independence? The U.S. Constitution only consists of 6 pages!!! And that includes the Bill of Rights! Are the inmates running the asylum?

Someone tell me on wrong on this one. For once I rather be way off base.

It's BS. They're shoving this thing down everyone's throats!!! Below are some bullet points I just read online:

The key questions you need answered on health care:

Who's covered? About 96% of U.S. citizens and legal residents younger than 65.

Cost? $894 billion to $1.2 trillion over 10 years.

Who pays? Higher income taxes on couples earning more than $1 million a year and singles making more than $500,000, Medicare and Medicaid cuts and savings.

Must have? Those earning above $18,700 (couples) or $9,350 (singles) must have insurance or pay a 2.5% penalty on income.

Any help? Individuals and families with annual income up to 400% of poverty level, or $88,000 for a family of four, would get sliding-scale subsidies starting in 2013.

If I have insurance? Private, employer-subsidized plans remain the backbone of the system. Mandates on employers to provide coverage will encourage them to keep providing it.

Who can be denied? Insurance companies cannot deny coverage or charge higher premiums based on preexisting conditions. No higher premiums for gender. Limits on higher premiums based on age. Children could stay on parents' plans until age 27.

Any new options? Beginning in 2013, a new Health Insurance Exchange would be open to individuals with no or inadequate coverage and to small employers. A new government-run plan would be set up and run by the Health and Human Services secretary, offering levels of benefits covering 70% to 95% of health care expenses.

Help for seniors? The bill closes Medicare's prescription drug "doughnut hole” - a $3,454 coverage gap under which seniors have to pay for medicine totally from their own pocket.

Business impact? Employers with payrolls above $500,000 must provide insurance for employees or pay a penalty.

Small-business impact? Those with 10 or fewer workers would get tax credits to help them provide coverage.

• 1 month later...

Great Video!

I think that we are creating an economy that will collapse the future generations. We will no doubt suffer too, but the long term effects are unimaginable. You know me by now; I am a pretty positive person, but what is happening in this country and around the world truly worries me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Eric Roberts
      Firstly let me say that I an just a regular guy from the UK who is the owner of a seven bay service centre/garage. I am not a financial expert. The dreaded inflation is upon us again. For the guys as old as me then this is nothing new. Back in the 70,s we had 15% inflation, but we all got by and lived for better trading days. Here in the UK we have always looked up to the USA because of your business prowess. So what do you guys look out as your worst enemy!
      When prices are going up then I find that the gap opens between rich and the poor's disposable income. So this question will effect garage owners in different areas. My garage is in a poor area with many immigrant families who drive cars. So this means we have to be more flexible with pricing. Finding out if your customer can afford that service ! For this reason we devised a three tier service pricing structure. This has also the effect of not loosing your profit margins. 
      The lowest price should include an oil and filter change and a general vehicle check over. This way we find the customer will perhaps be able to afford a service and your profit margins wont drop. This is just one small idea that we carry out! What do you guys do in these times of high inflation ? 
    • By carmcapriotto
      The gang’s all here; we have the entire Aftermarket Radio Network together for an important episode inspired by the movie Moneyball. We all have experience with people who are not our top performers, but are we better to have them on the team than not? You know them; they are consistent, reliable, steady, and contributors. Are they worth replacing? Will they become the best or top performers, or do they help strengthen our overall performance? A great discussion among your peers.
      Hunt Demarest, CPA, Paar Mellis and Associates, Business by the Numbers Podcast
      Matt Fanslow, Riverside Automotive, Red Wing, MN, Diagnosing the Aftermarket A to Z Podcast
      Kim and Brian Walker, Shop Marketing Pros, Auto Repair Marketing Podcast
      Chris Cotton, AutoFix Auto Shop Coaching, Chris Cotton Weekly Blitz Podcast
      Key Talking Points
      What REALLY contributes to production? Simpson Paradox Simon Sinec points out that Navy Seal teams value Trustworthiness far, far more than Performance.  VIDEO HERE  Tech productivity is one of the most important aspects of business, but how can these numbers skew what that employee is really doing (helping others, sharing duties outside of production, etc.) Are there some numbers or metrics that actually can look too good, which could cause an issue for growth or retention Numbers don’t lie, but sometimes can be misleading. Do your numbers match up with what you are trying to do with the business? You have to have your head up and eyes wide open to make sure you can identify the "doers" in your group.  Do you have a scorecard for success for your technicians? Pay plans; incentive greatness Who are your ‘support people' to contribute and make the whole picture better Culture is contagious Training when hiring- Weaknesses- be honest with eachother Fine balance- profitability aspect, you can’t have a shop full of unicorns Removing obstacles  
      Connect with the Podcast

Aftermarket Radio Network
      Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partners: Shop-Ware: More Time. More Profit. Shop-Ware Shop Management getshopware.com       Delphi Technologies: Keeping current on the latest vehicle systems and how to repair them is a must for today’s technicians. DelphiAftermarket.com
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      In this episode, we are jumping into the mind of your customer. From their perspective, do they prefer to use the term mechanic or technician? Ask a customer … How much do they think a mechanic/technician earns? What is your customer's opinion on a service advisor having visible tattoos or smelling like cigarettes? Bob Cooper asked these questions to a panel of consumers at the 2022 Elite Invitational in San Diego, and their answers will certainly surprise you. And more importantly, what should you do in your business having this knowledge?
      Bob Cooper, Founder/President Elite Worldwide. Complimentary Elite Customer Care Guide Template HERE. Listen to Bob’s other episodes HERE
      Bill Greeno, Quality Automotive Servicing, Truckee, CA. Bill’s previous episodes HERE
      Key Talking Points
      The consumer panel- you’re ideal customers, 3 from the dealership, 3 from independent   No matter how well your customers love you, they could love you like a rainbow, but there are some things that they will never ever tell you. How do we get inside of their minds and how do we learn? What's really important to them? How much a technician mechanic makes per hour? We need to get the perception and reality that people need to know you can earn a really good income in this industry  Be aware that you're gonna have a lot of customers that come in and may never come back if they smell smoke on your advisor or on any of your people and in their car. It's all marketing- align your image. Use surveys and programs to tell you what is important to customers Would you say mechanic, or would you say a technician?  Both of those terms, mechanic and technician, have a role in our industry.  A technician is a person employed to look after technical equipment or do practical work in a laboratory, an expert in a practical application of science or a person skilled in the technique of an art or craft technician. Examples of technicians are theatrical technicians, school, laboratory technicians, engineering technicians, laboratory technicians, electronics technicians, x-ray technicians. Mechanic is defined as an artisan skilled tradesperson who uses tools to build, maintain, or repair machinery The more we could bring the, the communication and the understanding between the customers and the technicians and the industry closer together, the more successful we'll be, and when it comes to SEO, just imagine what's gonna happen to the shop owners that start embedding mechanic What are some of the things that you could do to really. Make that customer go, you know what? I'm in the right place. I'm dealing with the right people Complimentary Elite Customer Care Guide Template HERE  
      Connect with the Podcast:
      Aftermarket Radio Network

Subscribe on YouTube
      Visit us on the Web
      Follow on Facebook
      Become an Insider
      Buy me a coffee
      Important Books
      Check out today's partner:
      Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      There's a lot of talk these days about a 4-day work week.  Some discussions include the entire shop only being opened for 4 days, other discussions talk about rotating employees to work only four days, while the shop remains open for 5 or 6 days. 
      I am on the fence about this. I do see the benefits, but it's not as easy as some may think.
      Thoughts, Comments? 

• Advertise your services or products to passers-by attracting them towards your business
    • By ASOG Podcast
      Do You Really Need Tech School To Start An Auto Repair Shop?

• Our Sponsors