Quantcast

Flash Sale + Social Proof

Human Resources - Hiring and Firing and Everything In-Between

Alex

The key to success depends on the people that move a business forward, the employees! This workshop will cover the common areas management has to deal with to successfully put together and maintain a winning team. As the title says it's hiring to firing and everything in-between.

View the full article

• 1 year later...

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

As a New BannerBuzz.com Customer You Get 20% Off Your First Order! Use Code: FIRSTORDER for 20% Off Custom Banners, Decals, Marketing Materials, and Any Custom Print Needs! Offer Does Not End

I can spend hours on this topic. First, let me say that in order to have formal reviews and track your employees you need to have clearly defined rules and written policies. Along with that you need to have a set of written procedurs and systems. Without this, you are telling your employees to shoot an arrow without giving them a target.

Have you read or heard of a book call the "The One Minute Manager", by Ken Blanchard? It's how to manage people. If you have not read it, I think you would enjoy it and all his other books. His books are shorts and in story form.

I do have reviews often. It's more a one-on-on pep talk. I have team meetings every day except on Saturdays before work. They last about 10 to 15 minutes. I feel that this brings the team together.

I could go on and on with this.

Any thoughts?

I was an SOB when dealing with people. I use to say "My way or the highway". But I found thru the years that I was not an effective leader.

To get people to do what you want means they need to buy into what you want them to do. You can "demand" people to do something, but that only works to a point. If people do things because THEY want to do it, you will get more from them.

• 3 months later...

Why They Stay, Why They Leave

Employees...

I feel that people don’t always view money as the only motivator. Once the basic needs of an individual are met, money no longer is the anchor that keeps them working at a particular company.

For many young people when given a choice, having time off vs. overtime…they choose time off.

Above all people want to be respected, treated fairly, make a decent wage and feel like they are making a contribution to the company. When all those are met, most people will not strive for more, whether it is money or higher position.

• Like 1