Quantcast

jfuhrmad

No Longer in the Shadows

Hi all,

Been in and out of here from time to time over the last few years but wanted to say hi.  I'm feeling like I may have something to contribute at this point so looking forward to building a better industry with all of you.  I'm somewhat independent in my thinking and I'm not from this industry so sometimes I do things differently than industry norms.  But, I measure everything and the numbers are improving as we get better at what we do.

A little about my operation currently:

4 bays

Car count up 30% over last year

Sales 400k in last 12 months (on track for 500k this year)

130-160 cars/mo depending on seasonality

Market of 8000 households

Definitely not the cheapest game in town

A little about my goals:

800k in sales

2nd location

$350 ARO

Highest quality game in town

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      More and more new car dealers are jumping on the band wagon and offering free maintenance or a low cost maintenance plan with new car sales and used car sales. When you factor in the longer warranties, an added maintenance plan may keep your customers going back to the dealer for a longer period of time.

I do not like leaving things to chance. The new breed of dealers left behind after the economic dust settles will be an aggressive bunch, having the support of the car maker behind them.

Should we worry? Should we find a way to compete? Should we wait and see what happens? Like to hear from you…
    • By Ron Ipach
      Here are some stats that I came across the other day with regards to where people in the US are spending their time these days…

76% of people in the US actively use the internet
      The average person spends over an hour every month on Google
      The average person spends over an hour every month on YouTube
      And get this… 126 million in the US are on Facebook and they average spending 32 minutes socializing each time they visit!!!
      Even better, 42% of people over the age of 50 (our best customers!) use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter – and that number doubled over the past year!

Lets contrast that to a few other tidbits…

Yellow Page usage is way down (I couldn’t find any official figures, but you already know this is true)
      Newspaper circulations continue to slide by double digit percentages every year
      More than half of TV watchers record their programs (and blow by the commercials)
      The cost of mailing a letter is going to cost 5.6% more real soon

Soooo…. The majority of Americans are getting online and spending an incredible amount of time while there, and the effectiveness of the ‘traditional’ way of marketing your business is declining quickly and getting more and more expensive. Any thoughts on where you might want to focus your efforts now and into the future??

The Best Way To Get Noticed Is To Stand In Front Of (not behind) The Stampeding Crowd!

Best, Ron Ipach, CinRon Marketing Group
    • By xrac
      Here is confirmation that customers are keeping cars longer. This should be good news for our business.

• By Joe Marconi
      The Internet is as important to your business as the telephone. We live in a world where communication is the key to your success. Web sites, email, online parts ordering, and online information access will all help to improve the efficiency of your business and its productivity.
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors