Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Alex

Account Profile Update Message

We have implemented a new message system around member account information. If your account profile required fields are incomplete, you will now see a popup on the screen until you visit your account settings and update your profile. We attempt to capture this information upon registration but with the added ability to quickly login/register via social networks like Linkedin, Facebook, Google, and Twitter, members are not going through the normal registration process.

Starting today, these and any other members with incomplete info will receive a quick message to remind them to update their profiles. Should you encounter any issues or need assistance, please post in this topic or send me a quick private message. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• By kjj475054
      What is best shop management software with a robust crm system?
    • By autoguy
      What's everyone using and what do you prefer in terms of online parts ordering? Are you using something integrated into your shop software or a standalone website from napa, o'rielly, advance, autozone, or other local or regional parts supplier? What do you like about it?
      Using Napa Prolink and AdvancePro along with worldpac speedial
    • By bantar
      @CAR_AutoReports created an article about ADAS, but I can't reply there.  It was a good article.   Thank you.  Starting a new topic to discuss this in more detail since it won't let me respond there.
      I've started asking around to see if the Mobile Diagnostics guys are adding ADAS to their mobile services and so far, I've found no one, but also haven't looked very hard either.    At a minimum, we all need to be able to recognize when ADAS is impacted and know whether to proceed with a service or not, if we are unequipped to tackle the next step.
      I do have a few questions / observations / :
      With the complexity of these procedures, does anyone have a feel for how the dealers are pricing / handling ADAS reprograms?  In looking at this as a service offering, assuming one has room, I wonder about the following: What prices would the market bear for such services? You mention that you are getting paid for documentation.  Sounds like the ADAS services are time and materials charging.   Your car didn't program in the typical 45 minute drive cycle, so you are charged extra.    I think I remember reading about some complex procedures that were in the 10 hour range?   Any comment on typical job sizes?   Lastly on charging, I can see people throwing fits on such "frivolity" (anything you don't fully understand must not be important).   "If it's that much, time to get rid of the car!!!!" Looks like this could be a single specialty shop offering - B2B only. Are there generic tool kits that work with multiple car lines or is it one tool kit per line? Any idea of the types of such kits and their costs?  You mentioned $20K toolkit.   If access to OE Information is mandatory this may also impact which car lines are selected (as one may not want many subscriptions, even if temporary) Can we perform an ADAS impactful repair, but then sublet to the dealer for the ADAS reprogram (or other local shop)?  Is this a good strategy or not?  As of today, I've seen a number of cars with these systems, but have not performed any services which would impact them.

• By Pete K
      I recently heard of the Automotive Service Association (ASA). A quick search here gives me zero results. Has anyone heard of them? Any members? Curious about them as they claim to be non-profit.
      https://asashop.org/
    • By Alex
      Most websites and website designers these days follow the guideline of 160 characters when writing website page meta descriptions. When they are longer, Google just truncates them to 160...well until December 2017 when Google decided to accept that number to be around 300 with some recommending to make it 320. If your web designer wrote your website page descriptions shorter, you aren't taking advantage of the description tag to better your SEO and possibly your click-through rate. It's time to look at your website pages to be sure.
      Feel free to join and post in my group and we'll take a peak for you. 

Good read: https://www.compose.agency/insights/meta-description-length-2018

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors