Quantcast

• You can post now and register later. Already registered? sign in now to post with your account.
    • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Once you submit your question, a new topic will be created for you in our forums. Our moderators may move your topic to a more suitable forum category if one exists. Members will see your topic and be able to respond to your question.

• This will not be shown to other users.
Joe Marconi

Beware of Phony Scam IRS Phone Calls!

This is a different tip this week, but important.

There have a lot of phony scam phone calls claiming that the IRS is starting a law suit. If you receive a phone call claiming to the be IRS, hang up. The IRS does not use an automated phone message to start any correspondence, audit or law suit.

Also, please pass this information to friends and relatives.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mail Shark
      Tracking the return on your auto repair shop’s direct mail marketing can be a challenge. One tool that can give you a tremendous amount of transparency into your direct mail ROI and that I recommend almost 100% of the time is call tracking. 
      For those of you who aren’t familiar with what call tracking is and how it works, it involves putting a unique phone number on your direct mail that isn’t used anywhere else. When someone calls the number, it forwards immediately and seamlessly to your main phone line. This gives you the ability to track and record all phone calls from this special number, in turn giving you some transparency into how your direct mail marketing is performing.
      There are of course many other nuances, capabilities, and uses for call tracking that you can learn about from companies like CallRail or Conversa, just to name a few.
      That said, it’s critical you understand call tracking is NOT the be-all end-all when it comes to determining how well your direct mail marketing is working. If this were the case, you’d have to assume that 100% of every new repair order you get calls directly from your mailer. However, we all know this will never be the case. Here are a few reasons why.
      Your Online Presence
      Before they consider using you repair shop, many prospects will go online to check out your website. If a customer lands on your website – assuming you aren’t using a PURL (Personalized URL), which is almost never the case with most auto repair shops – they do their research and then call your shop from the phone number on your website. In this situation, you immediately lose insight on how they heard about you.
      Customers are also reading your online reviews, whether on social media or review sites. Sites like Demandforce, SureCritic, Carfax, Repair Pal, Facebook, Yelp, Yellow Pages, etc. all have your shop’s contact details, including your phone number. Any call from customers who used these sites removes transparency on how they heard about you.
      Walk-Ins
      Our auto repair shop clients consistently tell us customers will just stop by their shop with their direct mail piece in hand. I’m not just talking about quick lube shops that are based on walk-in traffic. I’m talking about general and specialty auto repair shops. It’s great when customers have your mailer with them, because you can attribute these customers to your direct mail marketing. However, this won’t be reflected in your call tracking, which is another reason call tracking isn’t the be-all end-all when determining ROI.
      Online Appointment Scheduling
      More and more auto repair shops are offering online appointment scheduling. We like to position these shops as being easy to work with, and part of that is promoting their online appointment scheduling. We include verbiage on our direct mail pieces to inform customers they can conveniently schedule online, and most times we accompany this with a QR code that brings them directly to the appointment scheduling page.
      This is similar to my first point regarding your online presence and website. However, I also want to point out this specific example because in these cases, we’re actively pushing people to go online to schedule their repair or maintenance service, thus losing transparency from call tracking.
      All that said, call tracking is an effective tool that gives you a lot of transparency into your direct mail marketing ROI. However, you should also be running matchback reports that compare new repair orders during (and in the trailing months following your campaign) to your direct mail list. This helps you identify customers who were missed on call tracking or by your service advisor. You can then use your call tracking data in conjunction with your matchback reporting to get a clearer picture of your direct mail ROI.
      If you’re using EDDM® Retail or EDDM® BMEU, you won’t be able to execute matchback reporting because there’s no mailing list to compare your repair orders with.
      Josh Davis
      Mail Shark
      Executive Vice President of Sales
      Direct: 484-948-1611
      Email: [email protected]
      www.themailshark.com/Auto-Direct-Mail
    • By Ron Ipach
      Ask Us ANYTHING Live Call This Thursday!
      Back by popular demand, the "From ZERO to $1M in Sales in Only One Year" guy (and my biz partner), Gerry Frank and I will host a live Q&A session where we'll answer every and any question you have about taking your shop and income to the next level! If you want to participate live and ask questions, I'll post a link for you to join us prior to the call. Or to just watch, listen, and learn, join us for the live simulcast inside the Successful Shop Owners group Facebook page. THE CALL WILL BE THURSDAY, JULY 25TH @ 1PM EST
      If you can't be with us live, but have some questions, post them below or email them to me at [email protected] and we'll read and answer them on the call. I hope you'll join us!  
    • By MINI4U
      This is the email I got and it sounds tempting...

Could your shop be eligible for a bigger refund?
      Of the 5 free tax reviews we have done in the last couple months, we have found errors that resulted in tax savings of over $85,000. Let me know if you’d like to send your taxes in for a free review. We will select one shop to review anonymously on a live webinar that will also give some insight on how and what to look for on your own taxes.

Think that you have been paying too much in taxes? It doesn’t hurt to have another set of eyes and it could mean some $$$ back in your pocket!

To get started, just reply back to this email, "Tax Review" and we will reach out to get the information needed to begin.

--
      Hunt Demarest, CPA
      PAAR MELIS & ASSOCIATES
      Accountants Specializing in Automotive Repair Shops

We help Shop Owners do 3 things:
      ·  Show where your money is going & why it’s not in the bank
      ·  Keep more money in your bank, not “Uncle Sam’s”
      ·  How to read your financials and see how you compare with other shops

In the past 24 years we have:
      ·  Worked with over 1,400 shops nationwide
      ·  Taught at repair shop coaching business for 21 years
      ·  Spoken in front of over 12,000 shop owners 
      Website  Facebook
      602 Center St, Mt Airy, MD 21771 
      P: 301-829-4646     
    • By Elite Worldwide Inc.
      Elite’s industry acclaimed Online Phone Skills Training, sponsored by Jasper Engines & Transmissions, has been proven to not only help shops bring in more new customers, but do so in a way that demonstrates your professionalism, your ethics, and shows your customers and callers that you truly care about them.
      Here are just a few of the topics that will be covered during the three 45-minute modules (Weds, 7/17 through Weds, 7/31):
      - Winning the confidence of those difficult first-time callers
      - Effectively handling tough, persistent price shoppers
      - Handling the most common and most difficult sales objections
      - Understanding your callers and their emotional minds
      - Using several proven techniques and tips to close more repair and service sales
      - Converting your priceless callers into rock-solid appointments
      It's only $179 to enroll, and availability is limited, so visit or Online Phone Skills page to learn more or reserve your seat today: https://www.eliteworldwide.com/phone-skills-training-for-auto-repair-shops.html
    • By Joe Marconi
      A woman called her dentist the other day and asked how much would a root canal cost. Her dentist replied, “Sure, hold on, let me look that up. Ok, that’ll be around $1400 for that job. Would you like to come in and have that root canal done?” Ridiculous scenario, you’re thinking? I agree! A dentist would never give a price over the phone without first examining the patient.

Why do some shops continue to give prices over the phone? Even something as simple as a wheel alignment price can lead the customer and you in the wrong direction. Do you really know the car needs an alignment?

Pricing over the phone is the same as giving them a diagnosis. When a customer calls for a price on a water pump and you give a price, you are saying to them, “Yes, it IS the water pump and here’s the price. And then you get the car in the bay and it needs hoses, a thermostat, and the radiator is leaking, not the pump.

Giving prices over the phone also tells the caller to please judge you on price alone; a road I refuse to go down.

I know this is going to push a lot of buttons today, but my tip today is to resist giving prices over the phone. Get the car into you bay, perform the inspection and/or the proper testing and then when you know what the problem is, sell the job.

We are professionals, no different than the Dentist.

Your thoughts?

• AutoShopOwner Sponsors