You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Topics

• By Joe Marconi
      For many shops, business during the winter can slow up due to a number of reasons.  What I have found that works is to schedule a flood of service reminders and past recommendations to go out during the months of Jan and Feb.  Maintaining touch with your existing customers is a great way to keep your shop top of mind, and it may just bring in a little extra work too.
      Any winter marketing tips to share? 

• By ASOG Podcast
      Looking through the videos taken at #aapex and #sema. This event is simply can't-miss.
    • By carmcapriotto
      Travis Guy co-owner of Yourba Linda Auto Service in Placentia, CA.
      Key Talking Points:
      Both Travis and his brother Tim worked in hospitality business before joining family business- their dad never pressured them to come work for himStarted as bellman/front door at hotel at age 16, at 18 was valet Went to job fair and started working for Disney- learned valuable customer service skills (using whole hand when gesturing or directing customers instead of 1 finger, answering phone within 3 rings, smiling at customers and while using phone and behind mask) Travis, brother, mother and father all have ownership of business- grew up with very close family, family always comes first  Dad- overseer, behind the scenes bookkeeping tasks  Travis and brother run day to day operations of shop- Travis is “face” of company in front of shop, Tim is expert at the parts and directs back of shop Hired new technician from CraigslistPut money into ads on Indeed and Facebook- had same applications come through that weren’t the right fit for the business  ASCCA membershipTravis has become more involved in industry- more to industry than just his shop Camaraderie- more comfortable in business and in association  “Don’t need to have gray hair to be in ASCCA” Self inflicting wounds industry wideDeserve to get paid for your knowledge and the services you offer Technicians deserve to get paid what they’re worth  Be the change- top technician at Travis’ shop earns 6 figure income. Labor rate increased $50 when he came on board Handling price shoppers- “We’re not the cheapest. We will never be the cheapest. We are the best value.” Instead of being in competition with other shops consider supporting each other- joining networks and associations, share information, learn from each other and all be successful   Family employees and customers- what drives Travis to get up every morningFamily- helping family, working toward goals Employees- proud to keep them employed so they can support themselves and their family  Customers- they rely on shop and most importantly, they trust them Resources:
      Thanks to Travis Guy for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast. Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
      Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email
      Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP's HERE
      Join the Ecosystem - Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE.
      Buy me a coffee
      This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve.  The Virtual AAPEX Experience 2020 is in the record books. Virtual AAPEX lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on the homecoming in Las Vegas in 2021. Mark your calendar now … November 2-4, 2021, AAPEX // Now more than ever.

This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm

Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By carmcapriotto
      Panel:
      Darren Adams from Dryfork Diesel and Auto in Carthage, MO Brett Bohlman from HWY 7 Service Center, Newell, IA Talking Points:
      “Just say yes, I wish I could” Brett lost technician- lower car count and sell more. Technician spend more time on a vehicle, less processing time Top 20% make up 80% of the business- “I wish I could” to other customers and schedule around top 20% customers “Just say yes”- is more of an attitude and mindset, how can you say yes today or tomorrow, ideally get the customer into the shop within 24-48 hours.  Cannot over ‘filter’ your customer but need to say yes to the right customer- saying yes to every customer invites chaos into the shop  Salesman time is important- filtering qualified prospects Get testing done in the morning, repairs in afternoon Need to have proper front counter service advisors- just as important as technicians  Training is investing in yourself and employees Problems associated with people are due to lack of leadership- work on leading yourself the way you wish someone else would’ve led you. Be humble, don’t let pride get the best of you. It’s the struggle that helps you grow. Resources:
      Thanks to Darren Adams and Brett Bohlmann for their contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast. Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers. Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP's HERE Find every podcast episode HERE. Every episode segmented by Series HERE. Key Word Search HERE. Love what we do? Buy Carm a cup of coffee HERE. Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
      Facebook   Twitter   Linked In   Email
      Join the Ecosystem - Subscribe to the INSIDER NEWSLETTER HERE.
      Buy Carm a Cup of Coffee 

NAPA AutoCare’s recent partnership with CarVantage gives your AutoCare Center an easy way to take advantage of telematics, increasing customer retention and boosting customer spend. You provide customers with a CarVantage sensor that plugs into their vehicle and connects via Bluetooth to their smartphone. Then you set up automated marketing campaigns that target customers based on their vehicle’s next maintenance interval, for example, or whenever a check engine light is detected. That gives customers peace of mind and the best experience in the market. They also love CarVantage because it’s free to them. A special offer only for NAPA AutoCare Centers lets you give CarVantage a try at a very affordable price. And it includes free sensors. Other plans and enhancements are also available.
      Learn more about CarVantage and the hundreds of other benefits NAPA offers. Talk with your servicing NAPA store or visit www. NAPAAutoCare.com
      Click to go to the Podcast on Remarkable Results Radio
    • By Joe Marconi
      I have been contacted by many shop owners about the decision to close or not. In most cases across the nation, Auto Repair Professionals are considered essential workers. Which means that we can stay open for business.  However, even though we are essential, I personally will not demand my employees to come to work. If business fails because of this virus, it will fail in the short term.  We will all eventually find a way to come back and rebuild our businesses.  
      Things are changing by the hour, and that makes our decisions as leaders even more difficult. I don’t want to get sucked into panic, but I don’t want to turn a blind eye to the fact that we are in uncharted territories and that we are all learning from this crisis together.
      The decision to close your business is yours.  There is no wrong or right decision here.  The safety and well-being of our families are our number one concern.  If it makes it any easier, make your next decisions from the heart, not from a business standpoint.  Be strong, be a leader, and know that we will get though this.
      When the dust begins to settle, we will have learned a lot about business and even more about who we are are as a culture and a society. 
      I cannot tell you what I am doing tomorrow.  I plan on having a meeting with my staff, and a decision will be made to stay open, cut staff, cut hours or perhaps another scenario will surface.  I will keep you updated and try to bring a little sanity to everyone during these crazy times.
      You are all leaders; you are automotive shop owners. You are the toughest of the toughest.  I know you and I will prevail through these troubling times and I look forward to the future when we can all look back and say…”We may it through, and we’re better off for it.”

• Our Sponsors