Quantcast

Joe Marconi

Shop Owners: Has your repair shop reached success?

As a young child, my father would tell me that it doesn't matter what you choose to do in life, just work really hard and become the best you can possibly be. That was sound advice 50 years ago, and it's sound advice today.

As shop owners, we are on a journey, not a destination. And, your success will always be determined by what you achieve, and not by the achievement of others. It really doesn't matter what the shop across town has achieved, or how many locations you have, or the amount of cash you have in the bank. Comparing yourself to others is not where your focus should be.

Now, please don't misunderstand me. We can learn a lot from the success of others. And we should study how others have achieved greatness. What I am saying is that everyone has a different perspective on what that greatness looks like.

Here's the bottom line: Commit to personal excellence, commit to continuous improvement, promise that you will help others around you achieve their personal success, maintain your integrity and ethics, don't accept being average, and above all, be the best you can be. If you do these things, you will attain success.

• Like 3