Quantcast

TonyD

ATTRACTING FLEET ACCOUNTS !

hI EVERYONE HOPE ALL IS WELL. MY QUESTION IS WE WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME NEW FLEET ACCOUNTS TO OUR LIST AND WE ARE INA PRETTY INDUSTRIAL AREA. AND HAVE QUITE A FEW ,BUT WITH THE ADDITION OF A NEW ALIGNMENT SYSTEM AND TECHS I WOULD LIKE TO BREAK INTO MORE GRAVY WORK. JUST LIKE HEARING YOUR APPROACHES OUT THERE, THANKS IN ADVANCE

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Shop Owners: You don’t have to answer every question for your employees

As shop owners, we sometimes feel that we need to answer every question and handle every situation. While you need to be proficient as a business owner, you also need your employees to think for themselves.  Empower your people to solve problem.  Ask them for their opinions and don’t be too quick to jump in on every situation.  The more you jump in and solve their problems, the more they will rely on you. This is not to say you don’t have their back; but a team functions best when everyone takes ownership of their position and takes responsibility to take care of problems. Will employees make mistakes? Yes.  But there isn’t a shop owner on this planet that has a perfect record at making decisions.  We all make mistakes. As a shop owner; teach, mentor and coach.  Include your employees in on decisions that relate to their job position.  When employees feel you trust them, they will begin to solve their own problems. This will set you free to work on the things that will bring you greater success.

By Joe Marconi, in Joe’s Business Tips For Shop Owners

• 2 replies
    • Where to find mid-level techs?

I'm trying to hire, and literally cannot find anybody. Ideally I'm looking for a full time parts hanger. Somebody that has little or no diag experience or isn't comfortable with electrical work, but can do the basics on their own. Where do I even try to look?  I've tried CL and Facebook to no avail. I've called both of the local community colleges with automotive programs, and it's just crickets. I don't even want to pay them flat rate, I'll more than happily pay them hourly.    And PLEASE, for the love of god, I don't want to hear the lecture on 'you need to hire nothing but master techs'. That doesn't help me, nor fix my current problems. I know what I need. I just need help trying to figure out how to find it. Nobody becomes a mastertech without doing basics first anyways.

By OTPAuto, in Human Resources, Payroll and Training

• 7 replies
    • Best Interview Question?

I was wondering what is your best interview question? I know the collective mind of ASO is full of wisdom and great ideas. Maybe the best interview question you SHOULD have asked. I figure by the end of this thread we will all have a few fresh questions for that next applicant.

By Shopcat, in Human Resources, Payroll and Training

• 3 replies
    • [Webinar] How to Find, Hire, And Keep Great Techs!

Free webinar for all members hosted by @Ron Ipach from Captain Car Count!  As you already know, finding good, qualified technicians isn’t as easy as it was in years past. Gone are the days of simply placing a few ads online or in the newspaper help-wanted section.  When you combine the fact that more shops than ever are in the hunt for qualified applicants, with the ever-shrinking pool of technicians to draw from, it’s no wonder so many shop owners are frustrated with their search.  Attracting good technicians today requires a radically different approach, and on this highly informative online training event, Ron Ipach, president of Repair Shop Coach, will walk you through the same strategies that his clients are using to attract lots of highly qualified to their shops on a consistent basis. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER Time slots vary and are held weekly: Please reach out to @Ron Ipach for additional information.

By Alex, in Shop Management Coaching, Business Training, Consulting

• 2 replies
    • Wheel Alignment lifts

Our shop is being refitted with all new equipment. Up for discussion is the choice of wheel alignment lifts. The local distribution here in Hong Kong, has two brands on offer: Hunter, who are well known and reputable, and Ravaglioli, who are well-represented, but relatively unknown to me. Does anyone here have any information to share on the pro's and cons of these two?   I've had mixed results with Italian equipment in the past, some good, some tragic. Hoping to avoid any unnecessary shedding of tears, blood and cash.

By HK Blackbird, in Automotive Shop Tools & Equipment

• 3 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors