Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Auto Care Association Supports Supreme Court Decision Allowing States to Collect Online Sales Tax

Auto Care Association Supports Supreme Court Decision Allowing States to Collect Online Sales Tax POSTED BY AUTO CARE NEWS ON JUNE 21, 2018 The Auto Care Association applauds today’s decision by the Supreme Court to permit states to collect sales tax on purchases of products made over the Internet. The 5-4 decision means that online sellers will now be on a level playing field with brick and mortar retailers regarding charging sales tax. The Auto Care Association had filed an amicus brief with other retail groups urging the Supreme Court to hear the case based on the price advantage that the current system provided on-line sellers. The decision overturns a previous Supreme Court decision that required companies to have a physical presence in the state where the purchaser resided in order to charge sales tax. 

“This is an important decision for many of Auto Care’s retail members and we are pleased that the Supreme Court saw the unfairness in the current system and determined to make everyone play by the same rules,” said Aaron Lowe, senior vice president, regulatory and government affairs, Auto Care Association. “We hope that implementation of the sales tax will be done uniformly across state lines to ensure a fair and efficient system of tax collection.

By Alex, in Automotive Products & Services

• 2 replies
    • Online sales tax decision

SCOTUS just ruled that online sellers have to charge sales tax to all online buyers. This is huge. So many times when matching Tire Rack the sales tax puts us at a disadvantage. No more. It's about time!

By tyrguy, in General Automotive Discussion

• 4 replies
    • Has anyone signed up with hirefrederick.com

I've came across this website a few times hirefrederick.com suppose to bring in return customers and fill in your gap appointment spots anyone ever try this? What's your thoughts on it? 

By jaybazzi, in Marketing, Advertising, & Promoting

• 2 replies
    • Bolt On Technology - Just Signed Up

Just signed up for Bolt On Technology Mobile Manager and Pro Pack (Report Pro, Message Manager, Lube Sticker Pro). Got Mobile Manager installed on 4 new tablets for the technicians. Installed Pro Pack on both desktop computers running All Data Manage as the shop management software. Received training on Lube Sticker Pro and have scheduled training on the other 3 modules. Bolt On only trains 1 module at a time which kinda sucks because based on that we will not be up and running for an entire month. I have began to look into the SOP's and configure the software myself instead of waiting for training. For all of the shops that are using Bolt On, is there anything that you would recommend us definitely look into / try? I

By 5 Star Auto Spa, in Management Software, Web Sites & Internet

• 10 replies
    • Do you always get signed authorization for work to be performed?

Running into an issue lately. Most of the work we do the customer drops off the car and we give them a call after. Generally we usually send them our findings via e-mail or text from our inspection report and then we discuss the recommended work. Customer authorizes over the phone, we do the work, they pick up. Done deal.   Normally we have no issues... normally I mean years I have never encountered a problem. Recently working with a knuckle head and he is claiming he didn't authorize some work to be done. He also never signed an estimate due to all correspondence through telephone. Also to keep in mind most of my tickets are $1000+ and I have not had any issues thus far. This is situation is causing me to rethink my procedures. Unfortunately having a customer authorize via signature can be difficult due to customers going to work, going away, living far enough distance from the shop etc. What have you done in your shop? Obviously there are state laws and such to consider as well...

By mspecperformance, in Workflow Management

• 17 replies
  • AutoShopOwner Sponsors