Quantcast

Automotive lift systems

I need help please. I recently purchased a shop. And I need to replace the 20 year old lifts. It has a ceiling height of 10'5. I know it's not the optimum height but the location and existing shop couldn't be past up. So now I need to replace the old lifts. What brand and type do you guys suggest.

I would buy Rotary or Challenger. I have both in my shop and have used them for years. Of the 5 I currently have I think I have had one capacitor go out in the last 14 years. They cost a little more than some of the others but they are very well built. A lift has some of the best ROI in the shop so spending a little more for a good one is best.

Thanks for the advice. Rotary prices here in Hawaii are pretty expensive so I have decided to go with Challenger for now. Going into business after being at a dealer for 15 years is a little scary but knowing I got a place like this to get advice is awesome.

Two lifts from Greg Smith and one Challenger. Love the Challenger lift and will replace the Greg Smith with Challengers when the time comes. The Greg Smith lifts were my first purchases to get going and definately see the value in buying a better lift but hey, we have to start somewhere and they have served me very well.

Greg smith and all the smaller name brand lifts are the same lift. Greg smith is probably your best bet though for parts etc... After the sale.

I have two tuxedo lifts which have been good. I would have liked a quality or challenger but I had a lot to buy when opening up with no financing available.

• Like 1

It cant be that bad to get rotary lifts there in Hawaii I was able to get Rotary Shock waves up to alaska for 2200 bucks for 3 twin posts and 1 rotary Y lift. The shockwaves were also only 5300 each I think. But I dont think those will work with your ceiling height. mohawk makes a lift thats maybe 7 feet without a cross beam for low ceilings.

Edited by John Pearson